Obsidian Entertainment - Dungeon Siege 3

Good news. I'm not interested in the game at all, but I'm happy Obsidian got another contract.

Obsidian will make a sequel to 3d Diablo clone? I don't believe it.

Thanks to all the people who sent this in, btw. :) We don't post ca. 50% of the submissions, but we're always happy to get something.

Reading the line of "under the watchful eye of original creator Gas Powered Games and its boss Chris Taylor" I can't help but wonder why they didn't assign them in the first place ?

Obsidian will make a sequel to 3d Diablo clone? I don't believe it.

The 2nd game wasn't. It had an uncommonly fleshed out world and actual quests, lots of sidequests etc.

The 2nd game wasn't. It had an uncommonly fleshed out world and actual quests, lots of sidequests etc.

It was still a Diablo clone to me, but I guess that's because I only focus on gameplay, and to me it was pretty much multi-character Diablo

From the description in the press release this doesn't sound like a Diablo clone like the previous games and anyways it would be odd for Obsidian to make a Diablo clone.

It was still a Diablo clone to me, but I guess that's because I only focus on gameplay, and to me it was pretty much multi-character Diablo

I guess you saw Divine Divinity and Arcanum the same way then.

Here's hoping that this becomes more like Ultima 7... ;) I know I know, I am being absurd, but a man can dream right? :)

(I hope that they also get a chance to make Beta or Gamma Protocol :p)

"For the first time, play DUNGEON SIEGE on high-def consoles."
Says it all for me. This game is a money grubbing POS, but I guess that they Feargus enough to choke down his bile and make that bland comment...

My intial reaction was also to check that it wasn't April 1st, but on consideration, I'm willing to consider that this might be a good game. What's in a name, right? The feature list mentions C&C, so maybe it will be something like NWN2 minus the D&D.

If MCA is writing for the game, and they have Chris Taylor ensuring a solid engine and game systems, then it could be very enjoyable game. I was going to add 'not very original' as a qualification there, but then I recalled the way that MCA has managed to tell unique and original stories in gameworlds such as D&D (PS:T) and Star Wars.

Not really interested at this point. I borrowed DS2 from a friend and only played a very little before giving up and returning it. I hope it succeeds though as I do like some recent Square Enix experiments and want them to continue releasing games in the west also it keeps Obsidian alive long enough to hopefully get another good gig.

As one of the few remaining members of the disgraced protectors of the land, the 10th Legion, it is up to you to rebuild the once great Legion and stop Ehb from falling into darkness.

This sounds very familiar. DA anyone.

Didn't see that one coming. Hmm, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now, untill I know more about it.

I honestly think this is a recipe for disaster, but hey, at least they have George Ziets (Mask of the Betrayer) working on it, so maybe the story/setting will turn out good.

A hack'n slash with decent quests and writing wouldn't be the worst thing.

Is this Obsidians unannounced project that they have been working on for a while? If it is then I'm a bit disapointed.

It's exactly that. At least, disappointment or not, they have a pretty strong team working on it.

Back
Top Bottom