Gorky 17 (Odium)

I have the original cd release that I bought back in 1999. It' not bad and even spawned a few sequels.
Gorky Zero: Beyond Honor (2003) and Gorky 02: Aurora Watching (2005) both continued with Cole Sullivan as the protagonist.

Gorky Zero: Beyond Honor is a third-person isometric stealth action game. The story serves as a prequel to Gorky 17. The game was never published in the English-language market, but JowooD will be responsible for the English translation and release in North America and the United Kingdom.

Gorky 02: Aurora Watching is a third-person stealth action game, and a sequel to Gorky 17. The game was published in North America by Dreamcatcher Interactive as Soldier Elite, and in Europe by Enlight Software as Aurora Watching.

The English translation ignores all ties to the previous Gorky titles, for example changing the protagonist's name from Cole Sullivan to White Fox. The English language story concerns the protagonist infiltrating a secret Russian base where scientists are developing enhanced human soldiers called "Crazy Ivans".

I only know Gorky 17.

Do the other 2 games feature turn based combat, too?

IIRC I've read somewhere that Gorky17 is at times unbelievably hard so I didn't buy it ever. Not that I don't want challenges, but I simply dislike things like FTL without any balance and random difficulty.

So unless someone says the game is not too easy (when I want some challenges) or too hard (when I don't have time or nerves to get annoyed), I'll buy it.

Gorky 17 is challenging and not easy. But I finished it and had a lot of fun.

I plays like Incubation.

I only know Gorky 17.

Do the other 2 games feature turn based combat, too?
No the publisher changed them into stealth action games. :-/

Was coming here (forum) because I quoted Steam release of 5 games at 50% sale for a price of 2/3 buck each. And 3 was RPG and only one reminded vaguely something, this one, probably because I saw the thread title.

So short and fun? For me I guess. I'll check Gog but I doubt they'll do a sale at same time.

Back
Top Bottom