Dead State - November Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
November's Dead State update describes their current programming tasks, offers a new screen and tells of a new hire:
This month’s progress has mostly involved our programming, design, and art staff plugging away at a few ongoing large-scale tasks. Dialogues for most of the allies have been finished up to first draft standards, which is a lot of writing! We’ve also been finishing up system revisions and GUIs, with most of the GUIs for the game existing in their final form now. Our programmers have continued to add more and more functionality to our combat, loot, and equipment systems and revised numerous tools to help us more quickly construct and implement items. As we get more attack and death animations in place (we just upgraded our model rigs to allow them more range of movement), combat will start looking a lot more like it will in the final game. All the Kickstarter items have been fully designed and balanced against our other weapons.
More information.

This game has been dragging on for so long, the whole Zombie genre is going to be passe before it's done. I had high hopes and it looked promising, but . . .

This game has been dragging on for so long, the whole Zombie genre is going to be passe before it's done. I had high hopes and it looked promising, but . . .

Just to remind you, the Kickstarter that enabled full time development of the game (by what still remains a small team) only ended July 5 of this year. Also, if you want this game because of the Zombie genre, it may be the wrong game to look out for. It's more about human survival and social dynamics than about Zombies, if we go by what Brian said in many interviews.

This game has been dragging on for so long, the whole Zombie genre is going to be passe

yeah right.. that's like saying the fantasy genre will be passe, those genres will always exist. I've been into the zombie genre for as long as i've been into fantasy (30+ years).

The game totally interests me, and I've always enjoyed the Twilight 2000/Aftermath genre. I'll gladly wait a year + for a good game that immerses me in a scary zombie-filled environment.

-Carn

Yes, while I'm not big on zombies - this sounds like the kind of treatment that might change my mind.

Also, if you want this game because okf the Zombie genre, it may be the wrong game to look out for. It's more about human survival and social dynamics than about Zombies, if we go by what Brian said in many interviews.

Yes. When done right, zombie stories aren't really about zombies; they're about what happens to people when the thin veneer of society is stripped away. And Brian has said all the right things all along to indicate he understands this.

Reads like they are doing very well. The game engine reads ready to generate vast areas. With one year to go, it might give something big.

The majority of zombie fiction at the moment isn't about the fear of the zombie itself but the fear of the human condition.

Back
Top Bottom