The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

A little voodoo can always change your mind. ;)

For some unknown reason it made me think of this album, especially the song Wings Wetted Down, which had a very sci-fi feel for me. But maybe BOC was a little too mainstream for your younger days. :)

Last edited:
OKX: A Tribute to OK Computer

This is fantastic, because the artists tapped to contribute took their responsibilities seriously. Instead of recapitulating the original recordings (FROWN), they demonstrated real understanding by preserving the essence of the song in a new form. Mostly. There are a few copycats. Mobius Band takes the prize for ballsiest interpretation. (It's amusing to see how many people thought what the original needed was a driving beat.) If someone can bring this to curious' attention, I think he'd love it.

And Amazon has the whole thing for download.

Pink Floyd - The Wall

This is one of the best, if not the best album I've ever heard. What I love about it is that I cannot seem to be able to listen to just some of the songs of it. I always have to listen to it from start to finish. The movie made for the album is also nice. If I were to select a song from it, it would have to be Comfortably Numb. David Gilmour's guitar solo is brilliant, imo.

great concept album, The Wall has everything.

still listening to G n R's Use Your Illusion(s), today focused on part I. Theyre just addicting, I find myself always singing "yesterdays", "coma", "so fine", "estranged", etc.

My latest acquisition:

Trio of Doom - what a force, three of the greatest musicians ever team up for a live performance! John McLaughlin, Jaco Pastorius and Tony Williams ...

But the CD, while I love it, brings 'uneven' to a whole new level - brilliance, when unsynchronized, is often wasted and unfocused. The story from McLaughlin of the fights between them - caused by the self-destructive Jaco - are fun to read.

I have seen all three of these guys in different setting, and have seen some brilliant pairings of talent on the 'summer jazz fest' tours of the 80's, but couldn't imagine having seen this ...

I love Blondie and the music isn't too bad either!! :biggrin:

I have her song 'Call Me' as my cell phone ringtone!! :)

I'm with you, I too love Blondie. ;)
'Rapture' has been permanently on my iPod / MP3 players since ... well since I had more than 1GB of capacity ;)

Lot of drama in that band. Half the group sued the other half or some such, and the sue-ers weren't allowed to play with the sue-ees during their Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

My coworker Dewayne has written a new song and, in spite of all common sense, wants me to play keyboards on it, so I've been playing the song a lot the past few days trying to figure out what in the hell I'm going to do.

still listening to G n R's Use Your Illusion(s), today focused on part I. Theyre just addicting, I find myself always singing "yesterdays", "coma", "so fine", "estranged", etc.

Estranged is really awesome.

Currently listening to some Aerosmith, Dream on.

Nice cut, Gig. I haven't heard any Alice in a long time.

Some old (like everything I post ;) )girl songs:

Angel from Montgomery-Bonnie Raitt doing John Prine( DTE it really isn't country--REALLY it's folk/blues/pop) :)

Freeway of Love :boogie::dance:

Like a two-scoop ice cream cone, HX, double cool. :cool:

But you better post something more masculine before the guys get o'd'ed on estrogen. :)

The latest Maroon 5 song for me. Don't even know the name of it. Goes against all my principles, but it's a catchy tune.

Back
Top Bottom