Monitor around 100 Euros sought

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello,

I'm going to buy a new monitor for my parent's PC - it should be something around 100 Euros, if possible under that sum.

Any recommendations ?

I've seen a few by Acer - are they good ?

And what's with WXGA ?

Alrik

WXGA is just a name for a graphics resolution of 1280*768
See this image, most graphics resolutions have some kind of letter combination to name them.
Edit: a suggestion i'd make (especially if you're seeking a monitor for older people is to steer clear of any fullhd monitors (but they might be out of your price range anyway). LCD-s only work well with their native resolution, and on anything under 22 inches fullhd resolution looks like flea shit.

If you just want a cheap monitor you can as well go into any store and compare the sizes with contrast and resolution.

Acer V223HQV/V225HQV and BenQ 2255 Are cheapest 21.5 inches Full HD monitors that I can remember(little below 100 euros in my country).Those options are good if you want full HD ofc low price have it's drawbacks but I think overall quality is satisfaying and better option than 19 inch monitors that cost similar and have max resolution only 1440x900

Ah, okay, thank you.

They just want to play small games with it and do their "office" like stuff ... They are most certainly not interested in playing games, apart from puzzle games, card games and Mahjongg - this kind of games.

Acer is generally okay. Pretty average stuff, and priced accordingly. Benq has a slightly better reputation. LG and Samsung are the mainstream market leaders, but other can make good monitors too.

I would advise your parents to spend a little more and buy a 24" TFT. Size does matter. ;) Just tell them they can use it for the next 10 years.
They start at 120€, and you should often find one locally for 150€. Make sure it has at least DVI, or better DVI + HDMI.

I just grabbed my 2nd 27" for about 200 Euros, which happens to be a BenQ G2750. My older Philips 273E3 have better contrast though, the "smartcontrast" engine seems to do the trick. I dunno if it's available on cheaper smaller monitors though.

Thank you, I bought one yesterday.

I will keep your comments in mind for the other PC my parents have - and which must get a new monitor, too.

Back
Top Bottom