Fable: Anniversary - Review Roundup

That link covered a lot of it, I'd say there's more to it too, though. It's just a really dumbed-down game overall. As you can see in the video, they cared more about elaborate fart animations and reactions than, for example, creating an inventory screen.

I enjoyed every Fable game except the most recent two. :blush:

I understand why others don't so there is no a need to defend them. If Peter would deliver on what he promised more would of enjoyed them.

Most recent two being Fable 3 and Fable: The Journey?
No I enjoyed Fable III. I'm talking about Fable: The Journey, and the soon to be released F2P game Fable:Legends. I had the chance to try it and well lets just say I don't like it.

There was also some dinky game called Fable Heroes a couple years back, console only. Figured you probably weren't counting that one.

There was also some dinky game called Fable Heroes a couple years back, console only. Figured you probably weren't counting that one.
No I never tried that one so I can't give an opinion. I believe it was only available on the Xbox 360 right?
apage, Satanas :lol:
Crosses and holy words don't work on me.:evil:

Now if you have pizza and a few games to throw my way maybe.

The sanctuary is a horrendous idea that really makes the game a chore to play.

That said, I'd actually gladly play Fable 3 over Fable 1 any day of the week (never played 2). Neither game is what I'd call good but Fable 3 was at least more fun to screw around in, and the game-world has its moments. The ideas are, as often is the case with Molyneux, horrendously under-cooked but becoming a ruler in Fable 3 was at least an attempt to break up the gameplay with something different.

It could be seen as "dumbed down" but being dumbed down from the first Fable is not saying anything at all. It was as shallow as a puddle of water to begin with, with a *terrible* combat system.

So yeah, had a bit more fun with the third chapter but really... If one is looking for a game that would really impress you, I'd look elsewhere unless you can get it really cheap.

I suppose they are sort of charming in some way though, but eh.

Back
Top Bottom