Morrowind Back to Morrowind

Vivec City

Vivec City at night

Vivec's Palace

Sunset over Ebonheart. It's a shame the castle didn't fully display, but the shot was too good to ignore.

Vivec and the imperial cities north west of it are fantastic.

Ghostgate. I seem to always arrive at places when it's dark out.

Does this look familiar?

I need to hire this architect.

Heading north… to adventure!

The, uh, empty north. ;)

Wow these look beautiful! I might just have to give modded Morrowind a go at some point.

Keep the shots coming Menigal - thanks for posting.

I miss cities like this.

A nice cultural comparison.

Back in my day, daedric shrines kicked ass.

Some Dwemer ruins.

OK, so maybe not as intimidating as the ones in Skyrim.

Tell yew whut, man, I'm gonna rebore the cylinders and refarble the whosiwhatsit, then we gonna drag race!

Hey Menigal, what cell amount are you using for Distant Lands? I just set mine to 30 and it looks fantastic, but I wasn't able to get to the spots you have in your screenshots to see if it compares. I think I'm going to take some screenshots and upload them here. Some of the views I'm seeing are just stellar.

Oh, and how do you take screenshots? And what type of file do you save it as? The default is .png but I have no idea. Thanks.

I left it at the defaults, which I think is 20. It takes so long to regenerate that I've decided to keep running as it is than spend ages tweaking it.

The MCP changes how screenshots work. There's a checkbox somewhere in the setup menu and that you can change the key that does it, but for me it defaulted to good old PrtScn. I think there's an option to change it from png to something else, but my memory may be faulty there.

I left it at the defaults, which I think is 20. It takes so long to regenerate that I've decided to keep running as it is than spend ages tweaking it.

The MCP changes how screenshots work. There's a checkbox somewhere in the setup menu and that you can change the key that does it, but for me it defaulted to good old PrtScn. I think there's an option to change it from png to something else, but my memory may be faulty there.

If you just change the cell amount, it doesn't require regenerating anything. Just turn the distant lands cells up to 30 instead of 20. It's pretty quick and easy.

I will try Print Screen key. I didn't see anywhere where I could set that button, though. And there is an option to change from .png to jpeg or other formats, but which is the best? I guess I will just leave it at default.

Just a couple of shots from my short playtime this week.

Some northern ruins.

I always liked Dagon Fel. The little bit of Nord-dom was a nice change.

Nice shots, Menigal. Here's a few I took from my last session.

Balmora on a foggy day.
bqQpUtD.jpg

Dwemer ruin in the distance.
LgaHE9V.jpg

The road to Pelegiad is around here somewhere.
E5Ty91l.jpg

Looking for flowers on the shores of Lake Amaya.
ulvBcub.jpg

Shots of the sun setting on Lake Amaya.
6HabvfX.jpg

Hope I can make it back to Balmora before nightfall.
9hHQ75F.jpg

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Makes me want to go back there on a vacation, but I just don't find the time thanks to SWTOR.

Damn, these pics are making me want to go out and by a new PC!!!

My PC died 2 years ago (it was pretty old to begin with) and I replaced it with a laptop which is fine for older games but I'm sure it will not run Morrowind + mods.

Been more of a console gamer lately but everytime I come across a shot of modded Morrowind I drool (not even new games make me feel this way!). Morrowind has to be THE most memorable RPG I've played on locations/scenery ALONE.

I miss Vivec, Balmora, and I miss you too, cliff racers!!! (actually, I used a mod that I recall reduced cliff racer encounters by by like 90% or something like that).

Ahhh, Morrowind.

Before I got my Alienware I was playing modded Morrowind on a 3 year old laptop. The GPU was an integrated Radeon 3100. Very weak GPU. Still, I was able to get decent framerate and only had some minor choppiness in the more busy areas. Still was playable. You might be able to run it. What GPU do you have?

Morrowind Overhaul

I re-Installed and I'm using the Morrowind Overhaul 2.0 and the game looks & plays amazingly!

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/mgso-release/

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

I'll try and post some screenshots, they look great but don't really do it justice compared to seeing it "in-game" and running ;)

Anyone thinking about starting up again, I'd highly suggest trying it.

Very easy automated step by step install btw...didn't have a single issue!

Regards

Back
Top Bottom