Kickstarter - Legends of Eisenwald Funding Successful

Dang, this one looks right up my alley.

Had never heard of it, but looks very medievalish which I love. I can't really tell if its more strategy or RPG though, but I think I'm going to back it at least at the minimum 15$.

The stretch goals they propose seem pretty decent:

- Realistic two-stage castle assault

- Boarding battle for ships

- Possibility to upgrade castles and destroy/burn enemy castles or villages

- Seasons change on global map

I'd kind of like to see all 4 of those things - and the seaonal changes on the map seems kind of interesting as I don't think I've seen a game of this type do dynamic weather/seasons. If that has an impact of troop movements and gameplay it could be somewhat interesting.

Mount and Blade has more and better features than their current and future plans, so I can't see anything new here (except the turn based combat which I don't favour in comparison to the magnificant real time, army combat in mount and blade).

Mount and Blade has more and better features than their current and future plans, so I can't see anything new here (except the turn based combat which I don't favour in comparison to the magnificant real time, army combat in mount and blade).

Except by going with what they are...they are not even the same style of game so what you posted was useless.

Except by going with what they are…they are not even the same style of game so what you posted was useless.

Hmm, reading the project description and looking at the images on the Kickstarter project website shows, in my view, the exact same premise as Mount and Blade, except as I said with less features and more pre-determined paths:

"Legends of Eisenwald is an original mix of RPG and strategy, with tactical turn based battles and a simple economic model. Rich possibilities of gameplay mechanics allow a player to feel being a hero of different stories ranging from treasure hunt to fighting for the throne. You can follow your game path as a Knight, Mystic or a Baroness and in each case gameplay and story will be partially different."

actually, that IS the reason I am looking forward to it. I never was interested in the real time combat of Mount & blade, as I like the strategy part, not the twitch

Frankly, I'd say that for some people -- including me -- turn-based combat is the main selling point, which may trump any advantages or otherwise fantastic features a real-time game may have.

I'm happy for them, especially since at first it really looked like they weren't going to make it.

Interesting, thanks for sharing that link! I wonder what casued that large spike in pledges on 4-27 - did any big sites post about the game?

Interesting, thanks for sharing that link! I wonder what casued that large spike in pledges on 4-27 - did any big sites post about the game?
Hm. RPGCodex had the Eisenwald interview on 4-25, I don't know if it had any influence ;) Did any 'big' sites even post any sort of content on the game?

Maybe, gamebanshee and the watch posted about that interview, maybe other sites did as well. There was also a feature on PCgames.de, maybe others. So maybe just a conicidence of lots of different sites covering the game on the 26th/ 27th.

I can answer that!

The spike on the 27th of April was caused by Stoic (The Banner Saga), who kindly mentioned LoE in their update,

Stoic Update (Backers only)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/the-banner-saga/posts/216066

The other spike on the 30th was caused by the release of the combat video very late on the 29th.

Combat Video and thanking Stoic!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/legends-of-eisenwald/posts/217386

Daniel.

The combat phase looks interesting. Very dynamic.

Though, one reservation about it: is it possible to change the tides of a battle while being placed in a non favourable positioning from the start?
Is the outcome determined by placing at start or could you correct your mistakes during the battle?

Well starting placement will certainly make a difference, but your tactics from then will determine your victory or defeat.

Daniel.

The combat phase looks interesting. Very dynamic.

Though, one reservation about it: is it possible to change the tides of a battle while being placed in a non favourable positioning from the start?
Is the outcome determined by placing at start or could you correct your mistakes during the battle?

If I understand correctly, you choose your initial position, and after battle you can redo the battle if you feel you could have done better... or maybe I'm just imagining things.

I did not look much into it. I read that a new battle would start with the positioning of the previous battle.

That is all. Dunno what to do of the possibility of replaying immediately the battle.

This game funding is not in excess so they will have to stick with their initial plan.

Surprising though that not more people are interested in supporting this game.

Hey Guys,

Just to keep you updated, there's now a new awesome $35 tier which includes, all future expansions (and they plan several) and a digital copy of the soundtrack which is stunningly beautiful! :)

Here's one of the latest updates, check out the timelapse video which features some of that gorgeous music I mentioned as well as an great look at the games scenery, really fantastic.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/legends-of-eisenwald/posts/228158

Legends of Eisenwald has also hit it's first Stretch goal which is an improved storyline, focusing on making it non-linear.

Just over 3 days remain, so if you are interested then sign up soon! :biggrin:

Daniel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom