Project Eternity - Update #32, Meet Steve Weatherly

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Project Eternity's latest update introduces programmer Steve Weatherly:
Q: Steve, can you tell us what you do on Project Eternity?
A:
I'm a gameplay programmer primarily responsible for making combat happen. What that means is that I look at what Josh and Tim design for the game, and tell them it can never be done. After that, they tell me it has to get done, so then I figure out a way to make it happen. I spend most of my day writing code, either for AI (to make the enemies act like they know what they're doing), or the underlying code that makes characters fight and take damage, etc. I'm also our chief Reddit ambassador, which I sort of fell into but it has been a lot of fun.
More information.

I look at what Josh and Tim design for the game, and tell them it can never be done. After that, they tell me it has to get done, so then I figure out a way to make it happen.
Awsome description of every decent programmer's daily routine, but noone dares to strip the process this way.

I already love this guy.

I'm a gameplay programmer primarily responsible for making combat happen. What that means is that I look at what Josh and Tim design for the game, and tell them it can never be done. After that, they tell me it has to get done, so then I figure out a way to make it happen.

Normal software dev job I see.

Steve is a funny guy too.

Back
Top Bottom