Good Old Games - D&D - Buy One, Get One Free

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GOG has a D&D-themed sale and it's pretty hot - buy one, get one free - plus Temple of Elemental Evil free one top if you don't already have it:
Surprise sale for all of you RPG lovers! From now until 23.59 pm EST on the 28th of February, we’re offering you a chance to buy one D&D game and get one FREE! More than that, though, if you buy ANY D&D game during our sale, you will get Temple of Elemental Evil for free if you don’t already own it!
Thanks jhwisner! Think I'll buy PS:T and grab BG2 and ToEE for free just so I don't have to dig out disks when I replay.
More information.

Three games for the price of one. Pretty sweet!
Got myself the two ID games, since I already gotten myself the others in previous deals. :)

I've heard a lot of stuff of ToEE and its bugs. What's the current state of the game?

I've tried that, couldn't get used to the feel of it.
But that's not the bugs :)
I think I needed to watch someone play in front of me for like 2h, and I should've been 10y younger to get a connection out of this.
hope it works for you

I already own them all except Dragonshard and Demon Stone. Ah well, it's a nice offer for people who still haven't picked up the other classics.

I'm going to try to give ToEE a go again, but I got less than an hour into it the first time I played it. There jut was no story to speak of, and that's usually what grabs my interest.

Finally got BG, BG2, IWD and IWD2 from GOG with this sale. For $20 (and tossing in ToEE) I couldn't pass it up anymore.

I went to the sale page, and was unsurprised to find all of the options disabled, with a message saying, "Nice, you own all games from this promo. Have fun and don't forget to check out our next offer." Even more sad was the realization that almost half of 'em I'd bought on CD-ROM back in the day... I just prefer the convenience of DRM-free digital downloads.

That, or I have to admit to myself that I have a problem...

Aye I already had them all except Dragonshard and Demon Stone, (which I didn't bother with) but since it's a real pain messing with discs each time I reinstall, a few dollars to have downloadable versions seemed worthwhile. I was missing an expansion here and there to. :)

Daniel.

I went to the sale page, and was unsurprised to find all of the options disabled, with a message saying, "Nice, you own all games from this promo. Have fun and don't forget to check out our next offer." Even more sad was the realization that almost half of 'em I'd bought on CD-ROM back in the day… I just prefer the convenience of DRM-free digital downloads.

That, or I have to admit to myself that I have a problem…

I'm the same way. I still have the CD's for BG, BG2, IWD and IWD2, but this will just be a lot easier. Had a hard time getting BG2 to install last time due to a scratched disc. Plus this way I don't have to find a no-cd hack either.

Have all of these been patched/configured to work as-is without tweaking on modern Windows 7 systems? If so, it may be worth it to pick up Torment….

I had no issues getting Torment to work on Win7 (32 bit).

So yeah 3 games for the price of the Mass Effect 3 day-one DLC.

Pretty good deal for me. I don't own the IWD series and ToEE, yet, so I am finally giving it a go now. Though to be fair, this is the first halfway decent sale of the D&D titles except for the holiday sale maybe.

Good to know. Anyone have 64-bit Win7 Torment experience? I remember the mega spell effects were every glitchy on Win2K. Hopefully they are better handled in the GoG version.

Yeah its been working pretty well for me so far. I haven't had any issues casting Mechanus Canon - I have Win 7 (x64).

Thanks! Good on GOG! Torment install/tweaking was tormenting from the 5 original CDs, so next sale I think I grab it. Don't really feel the need to get Dragonshard...

Hmm that's way cheaper than GOG, wonder if I can get a refund? I only purchased them a few days ago, and haven't downloaded any of them.

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom