how to edit sound files

ownederd

Traveler
i'm trying to make an mini sound fix by properly syncing the reload sound file for the sniper rifle

i edited C:\Program Files\Gamepitstop.ru\Precursors\Sounds\WEAPONS\PLAYER\SVD_RELOAD.wav

i'm having trouble - it isn't cached in

how do i resolve this?

change file properties modify date of new wav file to match original wav file.
I Use Attribute Magic (just google it, its free)

make sure the new file length is the same as the old one too

Last edited:
And if you're successful, upload it somewhere and I will include it in the next UP :)!

I already updated the m16 reload, it sounds beefy now. I tried to do the AK reload, but the game wouldnt recognize it. it seems i can only change the files that are already in the Sounds override folder. I cant take files from the russian version and put them in the english version, which sucks, becuase i could replace all the games missing sounds this way.

I cant take files from the russian version and put them in the english version, which sucks, because i could replace all the games missing sounds this way.

So the English version has not only the Russian speech missing but other sounds as well? Does the Russian sound-pack offered somewhere help with these issues?

the russian sound pack solves all the audio issues with the English versions.
you still get no sound when you change weapons to a new one( cocking sound) , but im not sure if that sound is in the russian game.

I meant when i use the GRPunpacker, I get all the audio files in the game. all of them, including all of the in game voices and sound. problem is, a lot of these files arent coded as OGGs or WAV files, theyre RF2 files. I can edit or change all day long, but i wouldnt be able to re-encode an audio file back into an RF2.(unless theres a hidden encoder in the game somewhere)
right now, i can only mess with ogg or wav files.

and Oggs are a bitch, becuase of the re-encoder which has issues working on my PC. when i type the command in the dos window -
C:\Users\ME>C:\OGG_ENCODER.EXE Format: ogg_encoder <insert wav file here> 1.0

it should create a new encoded ogg file. instead it creates a 0kb file called 1.0 (with .0 as the file ext) Ive tried it a bunch of times slightly different, but the rsult is the same. instead of using 1.0 as the quality value, it creates a new file with that name.

Oggs are a bitch, becuase of the re-encoder which has issues working on my PC.

Okay, we can handle any additional sounds you want to add like the cutscene voice overs. Send me the original ogg for the correct date and file path and the new wave, then I will convert them and include them in the next unofficial patch!

bumping this thread

thanks for the replies guys - if i get my hands on the files again, i'll fix them for sure

Back
Top Bottom