Bioshock - Ken Levine Interview @ Evil Avatar

I'm not expecting anything great out of this game, should be some nice eye candy and that's about it. I suspect this'll be very Oblivionated(TM) (dumbed down for consoles). I believe this will be out for the 360 correct? that's all that one needs to know to see what the outcome will be.

i think anyone expecting anything spectacular from this game will be seriously disappointed, much like the upcoming crytek game.

BUT, it probably will still be a fun game to play through, like Oblivion was.

Hmmm...I have quite a bit of faith in Ken Levine and others on his team (everyone always overlooks the likes of Jonathon Chey)...but I'm suspicious of the extreme emphasis he has placed lately on FPS rather than FPS-RPG or whatever.

irrational has never made a 'dumbed down' game, . but theres no problems with having low expectations for this or any other game. it makes great games even better, since having too high/unfair expectations of a game or anything leads to disappointment--often a problem with sequels. i really don't see irrational leaving pc gamers like myself out to dry though. i wouldn't even mind if the pc version comes out a few weeks later, which was mentioned in an earlier interview anyhow.

but speaking of low expectations, those are what i have for system shock 3 being developed by ea. it would be grand if i was wrong though.

have you played the swat 4 games dhruin? not only is there great level design but the fact that every mission can be completed in a number of non-lethal ways is awesome. if it wasn't for the fact that there was a demo for the game i would probably have not bought it since i am not a fan of fps.

Status Change

Wow. This was one of the few games that I was considering getting zero-day at full retail. However, Ken just can't resist putting those feet of his (sometimes both at once) into his mouth whenever possible about this game.

SS2 inaccessible? That's a big red warning flag right there.

Time to wait & see how the reviews are before I bother with this one...

Actually, from memory, more people found the originall SS inaccessible than its sequel!! I recall reading stuff during SS2 development that their aim was to make it MORE accessible than the first!! Strangely, I had no problem with either, though I still think the original is better!!

have you played the swat 4 games dhruin? not only is there great level design but the fact that every mission can be completed in a number of non-lethal ways is awesome. if it wasn't for the fact that there was a demo for the game i would probably have not bought it since i am not a fan of fps.

I played a few levels...squad-based action shooters aren't really my thing but I thought they did a great job from what I played.

Bear in mind they have corporate overlords now...still, as I said, I have a fair amount of faith in Irrational. I just wish he'd say "look, it's not really a true RPG in the traditional sense..." rather than "It's an FPS. FPS!!!!!! F-P-S. FPS."

Back
Top Bottom