The Witcher 2 - Character Development & Items Diary

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt Red has released a new Witcher 2 video dev diary discussing character development and items:
In our latest video developer diary, senior team members talk about two elements of tremendous importance to RPG fans. One is character development, with its three possible paths - swordsmanship, magic and alchemy. The other is the equipment system, which has been significantly expanded and improved. You can watch the new video here.
More information.

They talked about difficulty at the end and there will be 4 levels of difficulty. In the highest difficulty level you have permanent death.

I not sure i can wait for the 17th of May for this game. Sounds like save often on hard will be a must...

I hope difficulty will affect ai and not just give enemies tons of hit points and resistances. Really like the sound of throwing gas bomb threw window then lighting it on fire.

Seems like they've put a lot of thought behind this game instead of just throwing something together. (looking at you da2)

As a pc exclusive if this game is not successful then I will surrender to the consoles or just gouge my eyes out that might be easier. :lol:

I just hope the GoG version doesn't bite them in the arse. My 3 cousins, all brothers, and about 10 others they know are all pooling money together to buy 1 GoG version and they are all going to use that 1 GoG version. I know for a fact that if there was no GoG version, that my 3 cousins would all be buying the game, at the very least that is 2 lost sales for having no DRM. So hopefully they gain 3 sales for every 2 lost for not having DRM.

I just hope the GoG version doesn't bite them in the arse. My 3 cousins, all brothers, and about 10 others they know are all pooling money together to buy 1 GoG version and they are all going to use that 1 GoG version. I know for a fact that if there was no GoG version, that my 3 cousins would all be buying the game, at the very least that is 2 lost sales for having no DRM. So hopefully they gain 3 sales for every 2 lost for not having DRM.

Can't you install the game on up to 5 pc's with the retail version so that could be done with that one as well. I too am a little worried about this. You would hope that most people would understand that you need to support them by buying separate copy's of the game. They are technically not stealing though so I can't really blame them if they can not afford separate copy's.

I for one will be supporting them as much as possible. I bet their are a lot of dev's out there hoping this fails so they can say I told you so and continue with their obtrusive drm and move to the consoles.

Like i have posted in another topic...in 27 years of PC gaming...I can proudly say i have never used a copied game....nor music...movies etc...
I have always believed that you pay for what you want ...and that way you will get more of what you want...
Pay for games...and from what I have seen and read about this game it will be worth every cent.

Like i have posted in another topic…in 27 years of PC gaming…I can proudly say i have never used a copied game….nor music…movies etc…
I have always believed that you pay for what you want …and that way you will get more of what you want…
Pay for games…and from what I have seen and read about this game it will be worth every cent.

I too have paid for every game and movie i've had but have to admit I have download a song or 2 in the napster days.

My 3 cousins, all brothers, and about 10 others they know are all pooling money together to buy 1 GoG version and they are all going to use that 1 GoG version.

That is the most pathetic thing I've read on these forums in a long time.

So many people complain...bitch that we need games built for PC first and consoles an after thought...PAY FOR YOUR GAMES...and if you have the balls and here things like "I just hope the GoG version doesn't bite them in the arse. My 3 cousins, all brothers, and about 10 others they know are all pooling money together to buy 1 GoG version and they are all going to use that 1 GoG version. I know for a fact that if there was no GoG version, that my 3 cousins would all be buying the game, at the very least that is 2 lost sales for having no DRM. So hopefully they gain 3 sales for every 2 lost for not having DRM" NUT up and say something to them...only we can change things by voicing what is right....if we let things like that slide then we only have ourselfs to blame...
Example...my 7 year old came home from his friends two weeks ago saying they just watched RIO which is a new kids movie that is just came out...Not only did I explain to him why that was not a good thing...but phone his friends parents and explained I what they do I can't change but I don't want my son to watch movies that aren't out for rental yet....

So many people complain…bitch that we need games built for PC first and consoles an after thought…PAY FOR YOUR GAMES…and if you have the balls and here things like "I just hope the GoG version doesn't bite them in the arse. My 3 cousins, all brothers, and about 10 others they know are all pooling money together to buy 1 GoG version and they are all going to use that 1 GoG version. I know for a fact that if there was no GoG version, that my 3 cousins would all be buying the game, at the very least that is 2 lost sales for having no DRM. So hopefully they gain 3 sales for every 2 lost for not having DRM" NUT up and say something to them…only we can change things by voicing what is right….if we let things like that slide then we only have ourselfs to blame…
Example…my 7 year old came home from his friends two weeks ago saying they just watched RIO which is a new kids movie that is just came out…Not only did I explain to him why that was not a good thing…but phone his friends parents and explained I what they do I can't change but I don't want my son to watch movies that aren't out for rental yet….

Good for you for taking a stance on piracy but it doesn't bother me at all if I watch pirated movies. My family has watched them for over 15 years and saved us thousands of dollars. As for game piracy Im neutral there are plenty of reasons to do it and plenty to not. May not be right but everybody has there own reasons. Just remember if you have the money then pirate just because you can dont.

NUT up and say something to them…only we can change things by voicing what is right….if we let things like that slide then we only have ourselfs to blame…
Example…my 7 year old came home from his friends two weeks ago saying they just watched RIO which is a new kids movie that is just came out…Not only did I explain to him why that was not a good thing…but phone his friends parents and explained I what they do I can't change but I don't want my son to watch movies that aren't out for rental yet….

Have you actually tried talking to someone other than a child about this. I have and it's infuriating. Every single one of my coworkers does not pay for games. No one.

I've made the argument with one coworker who loved Dragon Age: Orgins that if he loves it so much then he should pay the people responsible for making the game. It's only right because these games don't appear out of thin air. He thinks it's crazy to pay for it since you can get it for free. Unfortunately, I actually like this guy and his morals are normally pretty centered, but when it comes to games those morals get thrown out the window for some reason.

Another one played GTA: San Andreas for over a year. I had assumed he bought it, but found out he didn't. I was flabbergasted and may have lost my temper (it's been known to happen ;)). The guy refuses to admit that there is anything wrong with downloading these games. I know I'm a nerd and more invested in this hobby than they are, but come on pay 40 bucks every now and then at least. It's only right. I still can't believe that idiot played GTA: SA for a year and it never occurred to him to go buy a legitimate copy.

I'm no saint and still will download tv shows because I can't get them here. If it's on TV then it is fair game, but I don't download games or movies. I don't have any problems seeing movies over here like I do with the TV shows and games well that hasn't been a problem getting the English version for quite some time. Between my store that imports Australian, Hong Kong, European or even American PC games and companies like Impulse, Steam, GamersGate and GoG I never have to worry about getting a game in English again.

As for music well I went hogwild back in Napster days as well. Back then I figured it was something similar to copying music on my stereo for a friend. :p

It is usually fair game when you indulge yourself into the behaviour. TV shows are sponsored by commercials money and then...

Does it mean that you can download from GOG on a computer and install on a non connected computer?

It is usually fair game when you indulge yourself into the behaviour. TV shows are sponsored by commercials money and then…

Does it mean that you can download from GOG on a computer and install on a non connected computer?

Good question from what I read the gog version will be tracked somehow and pirates will be prosecuted. That info was from CDProjekt themselves in a earlier interview on drm.

It is usually fair game when you indulge yourself into the behaviour. TV shows are sponsored by commercials money and then…

You get these shows over here in Taiwan and I'll stop downloading them. Until then I am not missing one bloody episode of Game of Thrones, Camelot or Stargate Universe because of the cable providers here.

Have you actually tried talking to someone other than a child about this. I have and it's infuriating. Every single one of my coworkers does not pay for games. No one.

I've made the argument with one coworker who loved Dragon Age: Orgins that if he loves it so much then he should pay the people responsible for making the game. It's only right because these games don't appear out of thin air. He thinks it's crazy to pay for it since you can get it for free. Unfortunately, I actually like this guy and his morals are normally pretty centered, but when it comes to games those morals get thrown out the window for some reason.

Another one played GTA: San Andreas for over a year. I had assumed he bought it, but found out he didn't. I was flabbergasted and may have lost my temper (it's been known to happen ;)). The guy refuses to admit that there is anything wrong with downloading these games. I know I'm a nerd and more invested in this hobby than they are, but come on pay 40 bucks every now and then at least. It's only right. I still can't believe that idiot played GTA: SA for a year and it never occurred to him to go buy a legitimate copy.

I'm no saint and still will download tv shows because I can't get them here. If it's on TV then it is fair game, but I don't download games or movies. I don't have any problems seeing movies over here like I do with the TV shows and games well that hasn't been a problem getting the English version for quite some time. Between my store that imports Australian, Hong Kong, European or even American PC games and companies like Impulse, Steam, GamersGate and GoG I never have to worry about getting a game in English again.

As for music well I went hogwild back in Napster days as well. Back then I figured it was something similar to copying music on my stereo for a friend. :p

A perfect example of why no one should preach.

Skavenhorde, I find it pretty brave that you're being so open about your ridiculous double standards :)

To call them "ridiculous" is imho an insult, no matter what.
You could have used at least a neutral wording.

Skavenhorde, I find it pretty brave that you're being so open about your ridiculous double standards :)

Someome saying they dont like stuff for free is like saying they never masturbate. There liars.:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom