Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here we go.
Crytek GmbH today unveiled their ninth worldwide studio, situated in Austin, Texas, USA. Crytek USA Corp. is the company’s first US-based studio and is ideally placed to embrace exciting new game, engine and business development opportunities in North America and beyond.

“Crytek has always enjoyed a special relationship with gamers and business partners in North America, so establishing a permanent presence in the US was a natural step,” said Crytek CEO, Cevat Yerli. “We are extremely excited about the work that we will be undertaking from our strategic new location in Austin, with David Adams and his team of 35 experienced developers. We believe our CryENGINE® technology will enable the team we assemble to create unparalleled new gaming experiences.”

David Adams, the newly appointed CEO of Crytek USA Corp., added: “I’m thrilled to be a part of the newest Crytek studio, which will boast some of the brightest development talent in the industry. The studio’s launch represents Crytek’s commitment to delivering diverse and high quality content to players everywhere.”

Crytek USA Corp. follows on from the recently-opened Crytek Istanbul as the company’s newest studio, meaning the ambitious developer and publisher now has an established presence in Europe, Asia and North America.
I don't know whether to be happy are sad. I recall Crytek saying all there new games will be F2P after Crysis 3.

I don't know whether to be happy are sad. I recall Crytek saying all there new games will be F2P after Crysis 3.

You realize that F2P mean "cash shop" right? It also sometimes have "initial box price" tagged on it too.

You realize that F2P mean "cash shop" right? It also sometimes have "initial box price" tagged on it too.

Yes I'm talking about them not making another single player game. Crytek's CEO has already stated that is the future of all there games after Crysis 3.
After completing its current contracts for traditional boxed products, such as Crysis 3, Homefront 2 and Ryse, all Crytek games will be free to play.

Crytek Kiev's multiplayer FPS Warface is the first example of this. In the future, all Crytek games will employ a similar model, supported by Crytek's social gaming platform GFACE.

"As we were developing console games we knew, very clearly, that the future is online and free-to-play," Yerli said.

"Right now we are in the transitional phase of our company, transitioning from packaged goods games into an entirely free-to-play experience.

"What this entails is that our future, all the new games that we're working on, as well new projects, new platforms and technologies, are designed around free-to-play and online, with the highest quality development."

Yerli insisted that Crytek's F2P games will be triple-A - with appropriate development budgets of $10 million to $30 million.

He added: "I think this is a new breed of games that has to happen to change the landscape, and be the most user-friendly business model."
Basically just more F2P MMO's with big budgets. That doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

Back
Top Bottom