King's Bounty - Preview @ 1UP

magerette

Hedgewitch
King's Bounty:The Legend is getting quite a bit of attention in the last few days, it seems. Here's another hands-on of the demo at 1UP. This one is all about compaints on the localization:
The character descriptions are a good indication of what's to come during my short time with King's Bounty. The game received rave reviews in Europe, but so far its localization isn't where it needs to be for an American release. The game looks great, and the mechanics -- explained in detail in our previous preview -- are enjoyable, but the poor writing really hurts the experience. When playing a fantasy game, I want to be able to immerse myself completely in the universe and learn all that I can about the characters and the world. That's difficult to do in King's Bounty, as the poor translation forced me to spend time deciphering the text. This hinders the game's ability to establish a narrative.
You can read about the earlier preview here if you missed it.
More information.

I'm going to start a VG translation and voiceover company for the NA market..and make a fortune. I swear, these companies shoot themselves in the foot.

Let's see..anyone here speak German, Russian or Japanese?

I speak Russian. But I absolutely suck at translating.

Back
Top Bottom