The Great Gaias (similar to FFIII US, FFII US, Chrono Trigger etc.

cab8901

Traveler
Fan of Chrono Trigger, FF II (US) FF III (US) ? check this

I like browsing kickstarter for old school jRPG's, this is a game being creating by a company that wants to keep making the nostalgic SNES style RPG's. if they can get the first one off the ground they are gonna keep making them!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1940485896/the-great-gaias

the amount of characters and character development planned reminds me of FFIII (US)

yup 1 post. i joined this forum after being introduced by some friends and this is my first topic.

ahh i totally didn't see that. my apologies.

Sorry i had posted this in the wrong forum.

I like browsing kickstarter for old school jRPG's, this is a game being creating by a company that wants to keep making the nostalgic SNES style RPG's. if they can get the first one off the ground they are gonna keep making them!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1940485896/the-great-gaias?ref=live

the amount of characters and character development planned reminds me of FFIII (US)

cab, it's okay don't worry about that.
But you should have brought this up before, not 7 days before the project ends.

My problem is that I despise every kind of unstoppable mobrespawning in games. Which was invented because it's easier for devs not to create much of different content, instead players are forced to grind same ol' mobs over and over again. It's not stated on KS page, but you say it's jrpg, so I assume grinding is the major part of the game.
That's why I won't back this KS project. Sorry.

One thing though… If you (assuming you're involved with the game team) decide to restart the KS project in the future, make the presentation more compact, more interesting and without stuff not really connected with the game. While pics of Sandy would look nice on CNN, you're presenting a game here, not what hurricanes can do to a wooden house. I do feel sad seeing what happened to one of devs, but please.

im not involved with the game, but i came across it not long ago and just found this website.

:(

I mean… Not being a part of a dev team.

But on finding this site goes: :D
There will be more projects on KS, in fact every month there are quite a few, it'll be really nifty if you point us to those. If not, well, you're here, there are many topics that cry for more opinions, so start spamming talking! ;)

I'll say this for Kickstarter..... 2 yrs ago when I first started using it, I used it a lot. I've supported 32 projects, with close to 3k spent on my part. Most of these have been games, a few have been movies or other projects. I came to the realization that, as far as games go, I'm done with KS. When the games come out via Steam or whatever, they're just as cheap as the KS model offered, and I doubt my little contribution is going to make or break them. So, I was a huge fan, but not so much anymore.

-Carn

I have noticed that the games have tended to have similar prices as the "reward tiers" too. Hopefully the bigger projects like Planetary Annihilation, Wasteland 2, PE, etc. will break the mold in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom