RPGWatch Feature: Best RPG of 2009 Results

As expected. I voted for Risen myself, but it was a very close call.

All in all, I consider 2009 a fairly strong year. It's certainly not every year that we get several titles as strong as the ones in the poll.

As I said, hype suckers.
Go screw Morrigan once more, I'll go enjoy games with actually engaging combat system.

Glad that editors ranked my love child (Drakensang) 2nd. :D

It's interesting how Most Dissapointing Games poll is almost identical to Best RPG. :eek:

I would have expected Kings Bounty higher on the list, as it really seemed to chime with a lot of the locals here. And I am amazed KotC managed to grab 3rd place before Drakensang. I haven't played it yet, but it always makes me happy when an Indie scores so highly.

Knight of the Chalice combat was far superior to Dragon Age in every way…..

Even the look? :p

(Sidenote: I have KoTC purchased around its 1.03 version before you get angry at me ;) )

Well, this list is cool, it reminds me i have to try Drakensang...i wish i could buy it here in Hungary. But no offline way I know of. :(

Perhaps our expectations are getting too high. :D
Or … I wonder what the results would be if we had a multiple choice poll called "which game did you play last year?". ;)

It's a nice surprise to see an indie get the third place.
Apart from that this was more or less expected and imo it has nothing to do with the hype.

it's the problem with 'select 1' polls. Many people feel strongly about one game or another, while there's that other charming game that would come second for both groups and in a 'point' based system might end up winning :)

Or … I wonder what the results would be if we had a multiple choice poll called "which game did you play last year?". ;)

Time for the next poll after that ... :D ;)

I haven't played Armored Princess, but I probably wouldn't have voted for King's Bounty over Dragon Age. The problem with comparing the two is that AP really isn't a crpg. It's a strategy game with a few crpg wrappings. The poll was called Best RPG of 2009 which would eliminate AP from contention. If they just called it Favorite Game that we covered of 2009, then maybe it'd get a few more votes :) To me, Sacred 2 is much more crpg than AP but I still wouldn't vote for it either. Dragon Age, Risen, and Drakensang are true crpgs. My 2¢.

Probably a different topic, but does AP add anything new to the King's Bounty gameplay? I played the first island, fought the 3000 combats switching out troops, etc. Played the second island, same idea different troops, got to the 3rd island and again it was exactly the same stuff just different troops, so I uninstalled the game.
I'd seen everything on the first island-minus a rage creature or two.

Do you guys really have 54 editors? Or did you weight the votes on the editor's forum somehow?

How did you come up with this number ?

How did you come up with this number ?

From the editor's choice poll results. The smallest percentage was 1.9 %, the next was 3.7 %. If you assume that 1.9 is really 1.85 (which makes the jump to 3.7 more clean) and then further assume that 1.85% equals 1 vote, then you can simply take:
(100 %) / (1.85 % / vote) = 54 votes.

That seemed like too many people for what I've seen as a casual visitor, so I guessed there might be something more interesting going on with how the votes were collected.

Back
Top Bottom