The Witcher 2 - Enhanced Edition Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
In case anyone has problems with viewing the new EE videos, like the transitional one after you leave the prison for Flotsam, changing the aspect ration to 16:9 should help.

After installing the EE patch today here, the game crashes to desktop upon trying to load any save, or even start a new game. Beware, I guess.

That's because the auto downloader has corrupt files. You can manually download the corrupted parts. It's funny they haven't fixed or notified anyone about it.

That's because the auto downloader has corrupt files. You can manually download the corrupted parts. It's funny they haven't fixed or notified anyone about it.

Do you know which parts need to be downloaded manually ?
I used the pre-downloader on Saturday to get 10Gb worth of files, then got the remainder manually last night.
Game crashes every time, whether I start a new game or try to load an old one.
All I've seen of this new EE is the opening cinematic and a splash screen....

Same. At least we did get to see that new opening cinematic!!1

Right now, I'm trying a fresh install from the original discs + patching up again, to see if that makes any difference.

Uninstalling the entire game, re-installing from disc, then letting it re-download and patch to EE again fixed it for me. Don't know which step exactly made it work.

If you install the original game fresh now, it takes you directly to the EE patch, skipping everything inbetween. So the process is a bit different and that might have effected something. Or maybe it was just that I got a corrupt version of a file when I did my previous download this morning, as someone else said.

Adding part 0 and part 1 and overwriting part 2 did the job for me. I got the files from here.

Adding part 0 and part 1 and overwriting part 2 did the job for me. I got the files from here.

+1

If you're having corrupted file issues, go to the following link:

http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual

Re-download the file "Part 2". That fixed the problem for me and seems to have been the issue for a lot of others based on what I've read. It's a small file (took me 3-4 mins to load), so much quicker than re-downloading the entire patch.

As far as TW2 EE goes, I have been out of the loop… What does this add to (or change in)the game? As someone who played TW2 twice(both paths) shortly after release I'm not sure if it's really worth the time/effort…

As far as TW2 EE goes, I have been out of the loop… What does this add to (or change in)the game? As someone who played TW2 twice(both paths) shortly after release I'm not sure if it's really worth the time/effort…

"The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2 gives you 4 more hours of quests, new cut-scenes and cinematics and over 100 improvements, when compared with the initial version of the game."

This is what the readme says about the quests, they're in Chapter 3. No real spoilers there, but I've tagged it anyway in case anyone wants to go back to the game without knowing any details of what was added.

1) Lilies and Vipers

Brigida Papebrock, a lady-in-waiting at King Foltest’s court, was recruited by Vernon Roche. Her mission - to seduce the two most powerful Temerian nobles and simultaneously keep a an eye on the assassinated monarch’s bastard children. In this capacity, she discovered the mystery behind Boussy's death and thus became an inconvenient witness, a hunted animal. Who sought to get rid of Boussy? Are Count Maravel and Baron Kimbolt involved? The truth about Foltest's last male heir is hidden somewhere within the rich web of schemes and accusations these characters spin.

2) The Secrets of Loc Muinne

The witcher is reunited with the sorceress Cynthia, who can lead him straight to the laboratory of the mysterious Aep Dearhenna, a mage who allegedly discovered the secret behind the downfall of the ancient Vran civilization. Will the witcher dare to work with the sorceress again, who managed to fool Philippa Eilhart herself, and who has revealed herself to be a young, ambitious Nilfgaardian agent? What does the Nilfgaardian Intelligence Service hope to find in the caverns beneath Loc Muinne? What did Aep Dearhenna actually discover? If they embark on the expedition, the witcher and Cynthia face numerous challenges in the monster infested and booby trapped corridors under the city.

As far as TW2 EE goes... I'm not sure if it's really worth the time/effort…

As far as TW2 goes... Everything is free... And even if it wasn't free... It'd be worth both time and effort.

God... Now I look as a complete lunatic. :)

Do you know which parts need to be downloaded manually ?
I used the pre-downloader on Saturday to get 10Gb worth of files, then got the remainder manually last night.
Game crashes every time, whether I start a new game or try to load an old one.
All I've seen of this new EE is the opening cinematic and a splash screen….

10 GB, so how big is the total install now?

@ DPB, Thanks for the info!

@ Joxer, not loony but maybe a little fanboyish. :p

Did they finally improved the responsiveness of the controls? That was my biggest complaint about TW2. I can't tell you how many times I died because of the keyboard and mouse button lag I experienced in my first playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom