Kickstarter - Solenttar

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Solenttar is 2D RPG and toolset built using the openForgeRPG engine and developed by NWN Vault Hall of Famer slowdive_fan (Chronicles of Charnia). They are looking for a modest $4k on Kickstarter over the next 29 days:
This project will develop a Role Playing Game (RPG) 2D engine and toolset as well as the first adventure module created with the toolset, Solenttar. The game is inspired by a few of my favorite games; The Bard’s Tale, Gold Box series games, Baldur’s Gate, and Neverwinter Nights (1 and 2). The first story based, adventure module created with the toolset will be Solenttar. It is an adventure that takes place in a fantasy world called Lanterna. It is similar to many other Tolkien like settings with a few unconventional features such as talking beasts. You create your own character and will have the option to invite others to join you on your journey.
You may have up to four members in your party and there will be at least six classes and three races to choose from. As part of this project, we are developing an engine and toolset called openForgeRPG. It is a simple 2D, grid based and turn based engine. The intent is to create a game engine that results in a virtual table top, Pen and Paper type feel in a single player computer game. The engine and toolset will be free, once they are completed, but Solenttar will only be available to backers of this Kickstarter project. The toolset will allow anyone to create their own adventures to share with the rest of us. What does this mean for players, builders and writers? The goal is to give writers and builders the ability to easily, quickly and effectively tell their story. Since the engine and toolset will be free, players can experience your stories without having to purchase a game first. That means all of your friends and family can enjoy your story, yeah! The game is being developed to run on Windows based PCs.
Who am I you ask? My name is Jeremy, also known in many places on the internet as slowdive_fan. I am a Hall of Fame author and a Mod of the Month winner on the IGN NWN Vault and The Neverwinter Nexus respectively. I am the creator of a number of adventure modules and campaigns in both Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2. Please help us complete this wonderful project. We really appreciate any support you have to offer. Thanks again!
More information.

Looks interesting, I'll throw a few $ their way.

Daniel.

A decent toolset would be nice. Had a lot of fun with Bard's Tale Construction set and FRUA back in the day.

Backed. The toolset also really interests me. It be nice to have a good CRPG answer to RPG Maker. Really slow going, even with such a low goal. I really hope they make it.

Back
Top Bottom