Beasts & Blades - Funding Unsuccessful

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
One of the kickstarters we have been following a bit was Beasts & Blades. Over the weekend it has failed to be funded with gathering $1,760 out of the requested 12,500. They are continuing now on PayPal hoping to collect the required amount in that way.
Ok we promised the last update was the last, it was a fib.
Big thanks to all those who supported! Look for the campaign coming back again soon in jan - feb.
Please take notice of the paypal again, we've gotten donations from.... not very many out of 138 people! The game has pretty high development costs for an indie project, and we definitely do need what was pledged here on Kickstarter.
We've been yapping about it a lot, because it's important. We want to continue developing this project. We do most definitely need the help of the community to do that.
Lets bring this project back stronger shall we? We need your support to do that.
More information.

That game looks awsome, it's a shame it didn't succeed.

But I can suggest reruning the kickstarter with a few things changed.
The music is irritating - just put alpha videos without it.
The game title, um, hell can it be worse? Change it please.

Think as a common PR. That doesn't mean to make a spectacle out of nothing. ;)

I didn't like what they presented here. The combat model seemed very JRPG style (for what little I know of JRPGs, lol), and while the gfx are certainly not bad for an indie, they managed to make the environments look terribly dull, and movement and camera terribly jerky. Also fixed characters and it seemed focused on multiplayer.

And then there was this:
What the players don't know yet, is the dark forces are secretly being controlled by their own king, Lord Crewe.
Gee, now I know, thankee!

In the marketplace of ideas, not every one is going to succeed. Perhaps they need a serious rethink, rather than just bringing it back around again in January?

JRPG line em up combat killed it I think.

Shame if that's true. When done well that style of combat is very engaging. I think some of you PC gamers might actually like that style of combat if you gave it a fair chance.

Possibly. Just watching it didn't endear it to me though.

Shame if that's true. When done well that style of combat is very engaging. I think some of you PC gamers might actually like that style of combat if you gave it a fair chance.

It may be fun but JRPG combat simply defies logic. Why move characters to a line and kill tactical opportunity? Just switch to turn based mode and let the fight play out where you stand! I'll go out on a limb and guess I'm not alone finding JRPG combat just plain silly.

Any turn-based combat defies logic. Let's all take turns attacking each other. It doesn't make sense. Doesn't mean it's not enjoyable though.

I don't consider that style of turn-based combat to be silly just because they move to a line. It's meant to be an abstraction. Use your imagination a little.

I gave the chance to that type of fighting, some of FF series, some of Dragon Quest series, Golden Sun, some of Etrian Odyssey series, and some more. I suspect all those Japan designers never noticed that in Dungeon Master you can move, dodge, run, attack with right movements, move out for long range and more and that makes a huge difference.

I'm fine with some abstraction and I would even agree that classical turn based is as much abstract, but I played all those games despite their fights.

I'll meet you half way. Leave them where they stand and I'll play the game ;)

So you're fine with turn-based combat as long as they don't line up against each other to do it? I really hope you wouldn't not consider playing a game for a reason that petty. But hey, this is RPGWatch and I expect this kind of thing from you PC gamers :)

Dude. Most of us like turn based to include movement tactics because it mirrors the pen and paper CRPG turn sequence. Many of the fellow geeks here also played D&D. Everything has been battle grids for years now. Not battle lines! Temple of Elemental Evil, the Infinity games, Dragon Age, even the Spiderweb Games. Basically everything turn based or pause/issue order real time use movement tactics.... but JRPGs.

So what? If a game doesn't include "movement tactics" in it's combat it's not worth playing? That's just silly.

Open your mind. JRPGs can be fun too. Go play Chrono Trigger.

I don't mind jrpg combat and i'm a die hard pc guy so I don't think platform of choice has much to do with it. I really enjoyed the dragon warrior series and also the early FF games. The combat really isn't all that different than the wizardry series.

Having said that though I do much prefer the ability to move my guys around the battle field. So given the choice with all other variables equal I would always choose combat like TOEE vs combat like chrono trigger.

My main gripe with JRPG's is the amime graphics.

Back
Top Bottom