Fallout 4 - More Speculation @ Calitreview

I'm my opinion, Skyrim was one of the best rpg's released last year and some here cite it as a reason to be worried? strange.

Fallout 4 will be good especailly if they use and updated engine. I think one thing that gets over looked by a lot of people is that obsidion didn't start from scratch with fallout new vegas, it used all the assets from fallout 3 which allowed them to spend a lot more time on other areas.

I agree that a new type of setting would be cool as opposed to the big city.

But better yet would be a game that takes place RIGHT before the bomb dropping for its first half and then for the second half of the game, AFTER the bomb drops. You could play as some military or government agent or official and you may or may not have been partially responsible for the catastrophe (depending on how you play).

Fallout 4 will be good especailly if they use and updated engine. I think one thing that gets over looked by a lot of people is that obsidion didn't start from scratch with fallout new vegas, it used all the assets from fallout 3 which allowed them to spend a lot more time on other areas.

Yep from fooling around making a couple of mods it seems that they included about all they need to make Fallout 4 in the version of the Creation Kit that was shipped with Skyrim.

Lots of Fallout-specific stuff in there like Pip Boy settings, VATS, limb health, etc. Even for Skyrim, when you check to get a preview of the value of leveled loot in a dungeon the value comes back in caps instead of gold :p

IMHO setting a Fallout game in anything that's not US makes it not a Fallout game at all.

It has a very american 1940-50s theme: keeping up with the joneses, white picket fenced houses, every convenience appliance in the house. It's american through and through and setting it somewhere else would mean leaving abandoning those themes.

I agree that a new type of setting would be cool as opposed to the big city.

But better yet would be a game that takes place RIGHT before the bomb dropping for its first half and then for the second half of the game, AFTER the bomb drops. You could play as some military or government agent or official and you may or may not have been partially responsible for the catastrophe (depending on how you play).

Kudos :thumbsup:

That is a fantastic idea for a post apoc game.

I hope somebody steals your idea and makes that game. Please somebody make that game . . . . . .

They should do it in Seattle since that would be a perfect setting for the 40's/50's futuristic style. That would also give a far different setting then D.C. and New York would give.

PS. If they did Seattle I would make a mod adding Vancouver, WA so that I could put my home in the game.

Why would they? Why attempt French cuisine when you have found the perfect formula for selling bucketloads of hotdogs? :)

It was probably a rhetorical question, I know - and I'm pessimistic at the best of
times, but a sequel of this type should necessitate a degree of progression should it not? :)

Bethesdian design philosophy has often espoused this idea that making the same game over and over again will eventually lead to creative bankruptcy, and so I can only hope that they look to see where FNV was clearly superior (DeepO nailed it succinctly) and attempt to use that as a foundation to build upon with F4.

I'd like to think that gamer expectations will help to raise the bar as well, now that New Vegas has been out for awhile and we've seen what a modern Fallout can really be like. The quality of narrative and depth of role-playing should surely be built upon for future titles. Also as others have suggested, perhaps Obsidian can once again play a role…I guess we'll see. :)

Back
Top Bottom