Divinity 2 So: About All These Side Quests.

Thanks that helped a great deal. Now I am trying to deal with Zagan. This has got to be the worst quest in this entire game due to this poorly poorly planned and executed design. Sooooo many people have had issues with this one even with the game set on Casual Mode.

It is cramped, poorly lit due to color scheme, and chaotic. Dungeon and Dragons players have a name for it: Party Killer.

You are welcome :)

Zagan :thinking: The name doesn't ring any bells….

Last edited:
Zagan :thinking: The name doesn't ring any bells….

Spoiler Alert:

It is the demon in the well at High Hill. You get this quest from Beatrice after you take care of the troll issue. The village offers 2 malachite gems as payment but if you read her mind as she gives the request/quest it jumps to 4.

Seriously though it is a real pain and as I said a ton of players have had issues with it.

Right I remember!

Yeah that is a tough one, and a bit unexpected at that point.

I am trying to remember how I beat him… I recall upgrading Dragon spirit and shield to 4 hitting shield immediately, rushing him and taking him close with firebreath. Was still tough…

There is also a place high up in the cave where you can take human form (not sure if that helps any though i.e. will he regain full HP when switching to heal ?)…

P.S. I also had a lot of pieces of Dragon armor by then and that certainly helped I believe.

Hmm, memory hazy. I might have dealt with the nest first to eliminate distractions…

P.S. And while trying every trick in the book throw in a friend to draw some of the fire (after clearing the nest) in there too ;) It took me a fair few tries to pull off I recall (Only Dark Souls does that to me usually ;) )

Last edited:
Putting Zagan on hold for a bit.

So far so good except I am not sure if I got a game bug. I have been collecting the Zepplen Parts for one of the quests. I handed in the parts as I found them and in my last play I turned over my most recent finds and the guy declared we can now get in the air (or some such thing). I then reminded him that Crabbe needed to be picked up and he said he would send a ship right away. I went back to Crabbe and he said he would wait. I then went back to the Zepp guy and it was as if nothing has happened. Went back to Crabbe and nothing; he is still waiting.

Also, does the skill that increases your effectiveness with fighting with one sword negate the skill with sword and shield? In other words do they cancel each other out if you put points in both or do they scale together?

Thanks.

I went back to Crabbe and he said he would wait. I then went back to the Zepp guy and it was as if nothing has happened. Went back to Crabbe and nothing; he is still waiting.

I do not think you will see Crabbe leave or anything. If the quest is cleared from your log and you got your reward thats it iirc.

Also, does the skill that increases your effectiveness with fighting with one sword negate the skill with sword and shield? In other words do they cancel each other out if you put points in both or do they scale together?

No I do not believe so, that would make no sense.
(would you unlearn a skill if you learned another one i.e. ?)

Afaik, none of the skills in DKS negatively affect other skills in any way.

@Rills- I also had a bitch of a time with Zagan. Take out the demon generators asap so you can eventually just concentrate on him alone. Also use that area above like JonNik suggested.

I remember my zombie mage helping with Zagan. The zombie would absorb some hits from the flying creatures while I recuperated iirc. It's been awhile. It seems like there was a safe place below that you could drop the zombie, but I can't remember.

I am looking forward to Larian's next installment but I pray they don't have Zagan type fiascoes, that and jumping squares in mid air.

As for Crabbe it seems there is a time delay and he eventually shows up in the Harbor town.

Almost done all the Broken Valley quests, etc. Just need to get to Aleroth plus a few minor things... like Zagan :p

Well you are fast approaching the point I ran out of steam in my last play-through (early last summer. Done Aleroth and most of the Flying fortresses).

I really need to pick this up again, give up on the optional Flying Fortresses and go ahead on the very enticing DKS expansion :-/ (OT: When Dark souls lets me that is! I was almost ready to pick this up again spurred by your thread but then started a third DS replay in a moment of weakness :lol:) I am definitely going to give it another shot this summer…

Hey guys. What do you think about armor and armor sets? Did you find it was advantageous to try and wear as many of the pieces of one set or was mix and match a better way to go? So far I have held off using charms or enhancing weapons and armor in order not to "waste" my charms and malachite gems (though I have enchanted my earrings).

Also, does your battle tower and items transfer from the Ego Draconis section of this game over to Flames of Vengeance?

@JonNik, I started this game two summers ago but laid it aside for a long time. Tried restarting afresh but I soon just picked up after my last save from my previous play. Glad I did.

Hey guys. What do you think about armor and armor sets? Did you find it was advantageous to try and wear as many of the pieces of one set or was mix and match a better way to go? So far I have held off using charms or enhancing weapons and armor in order not to "waste" my charms and malachite gems (though I have enchanted my earrings).

I believe sets are worth it generally speaking, iirc I went quite a while with the Orobas set i.e. had some very significant set bonuses.

Considering that all other resources other than malachite gems are readily available and you can disenchant and re-enchant an item I see absolutely no reason to hold back (just keep the malachite gems until you get the 10th level enchantments). You could say it is part of the fun (*) but it also helps in the game. I often updated my enchantments and the peripheral items (rings, amulets, belts etc) as I found new ones or changed the enchantments to the old.

Actually a big factor of choosing gear is not only the base enchantments value but how many slots it has available…

Remember to update the armor and weapons of your servants before sending them out to hunt for ingredients. Also heal them if they get themselves wounded after a run.

(* although too much variety and having to change your gear too often is not something I enjoy but Div2's balance is not bad)

P.S. Have you done the sidequests to upgrade the workshops/trainer ? Also worth it imo...

Last edited:
Yes, each character type (melee, ranged, magic) has one set each from what I recall, and that's basically the best armor you can get in the game. You get most of the items from doing flying fortresses near the end.

Back
Top Bottom