Risen 2 Tacarigua Chests

huggster

Watchdog
I have 25/30 in lockpicking - is there any early weapon upgrades I can loot on the first large island? All I find is gold and provisions.

What do you mean by 25/30? Do you have 25 or do you have 30?

I recall the cave with a single Ghoul having a decent sword in a locked chest. You turn right after crossing the bridge on the way to the pirate town. I don't recall what level the lock is though. I thinks it's around 30.

I increased my Thievery 1 Skill though I was going to save the points if it was not worth it yet. Also a black pearl with cunning +1.
Thanks for the tip though, I know the place you mean - have been killed there before! Just as well I have my "tank" Patty with me ;-).
Money is so scarce early on I need all the help I can get!

the first number is your skill the second is what skill the chest requires

Don't press on ghouls, they're hard and at one spot there you'll see 4 of them - I couldn't win them on normal (medium). At least not without wasting all of my grog/rum. And it's not worth it yet - they're guarding a high level lockpick chest.
Also there is a grave spider in a cave even harder than those ghouls. I suggest killing all "easy" mobs and skip those hardest ones - you'll return later to that island anyway.

As for "weapon upgrades", you don't need them on that island if you ask me. If you didn't do it yet, just learn the "kick" move.
Cunning boost and thievery 25 is a good option - there is a quest to open a certain chest (difficulty 25 so you'll be able to do it) and if you don't do it while on this island the first time - you'll never be able to do it again.

where did you get the black pearl?

did you guys give Largo his stuff back then? I guess not:) I was strapped for gold so I did, silly of me now that I think about it.
also I'm 9 hours in and money is still scarce for me:( guess I'm just bad at it

I did, got a pile of gold for it! Didn't the earring give +1 cunning? If so, it really is a bad idea yes. Such stat boosts, even from gear, counts towards skill requirements.

I did. It seemed the right thing to do from a role-playing perspective, but I guess you should keep it if you're trying to power-game.

Right from a role-playing perspective? Hes already had a small fortune in Gold from me! :)
And Thievery is well worth the investment even on first island, found some 30 and 35 chests with more stat boosting stuff. So more than had the money back.

Cunning boost and thievery 25 is a good option - there is a quest to open a certain chest (difficulty 25 so you'll be able to do it) and if you don't do it while on this island the first time - you'll never be able to do it again.

Which quest was that? I'm nearly done with this island and I don't want to miss anything.

The one on the ship. Talk to the crew, then open the chest.

I also didn't solve it - although it was active in my log, I didn't have enough money to improve thievery (I had it on 20) nor XP to improve cunning more and idiot me returned the black pearl earring before I received this quest. :(

Back
Top Bottom