Dragon Age 2 - Details for Legacy DLC Revelaed

aries100

SasqWatch
In this thread we told you about the details that'll be coming for this DLC for Dragon Age 2. Now Chris Priestly has updated this thread at the Bioware forums with a link that'll direct you to the DLC page for Legacy. It'll be released on july 26th for PC, PS3, Xbox 360, MAC and it'll cost 10 US dollars.
Here are the details:
Targeted by a vicious criminal cartel that are hunting "the blood of the Hawke," you must put an end to their relentless attacks. Leave Kirkwall, and journey to an ancient Grey Warden prison in order to find the source of the aggression and uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage. Playable from any point in the DAII campaign, face all new darkspawn, forge a powerful new weapon and come face to face with an ancient horror.
Features:
•Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage
•Adventure through several new locations including a prison constructed by the Grey Wardens
•Obtain a powerful class-specific weapon to which you can apply upgrades of your choice
On the same note, the footage from the Legacy DLC now has been shown Live at EA's Summer Showcase Event. The Legacy footage starts about 56 minutes in with Fernando Melo introducing it. The DLC, according to Melo, centers around the Hawke family history - and will deal particularly with the father character.
A quote then about the tactical challenge - from Fernando Melo:
You're going to be challenged much more tactically than before where Hawke and the followers are going to use the environment a lot better as well as all their abilities in order to be succesfull.
After Melo's introduction, at around 58:40, you can view actual footage from the Legacy DLC.
Randall Bishop from Bioware is demoing this footage from the DLC - I'll suggest you check it out. I've found it interesting…
More information.

Last edited:
Lol, wouldn't it be funny if no one bought it. :biggrin:

All new darkspawn. Got board and never finished da2 but really more darkspawn. They could use a couple editions of the dnd monster manuals.

All new darkspawn. Got board and never finished da2 but really more darkspawn. They could use a couple editions of the dnd monster manuals.

While I agree the setting is not like other dnd worlds. It wouldn't make sense to add more creatures.

Last edited:
Right. I have a feeling Hawke is somehow connected to Grey Warden. Obviously, this is meant to be leading fans into DA3 story.... I don't know whether it will be worth $10... atm I'd rather keep that $10 in my pocket...

Right. I have a feeling Hawke is somehow connected to Grey Warden. Obviously, this is meant to be leading fans into DA3 story…. I don't know whether it will be worth $10… atm I'd rather keep that $10 in my pocket…

…but it must have taken them at least 30 min to come up with the story! They deserve that $10 of yours! :biggrin:

Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage

Adventure through several new locations including a prison constructed by the Grey Wardens

Sounds to me like the drama coming from a gossip-centring "newspaper".

I really dislike this ego-stroking of the player, that too many games do.

One of the critical points (for some) on DAII was, that Hawke wasn't a huge, distinct hero, not like the Hero of Ferelden anyway… So, what is the first DLC for DAII gonna contain? There's some super-cool, mega-secret even in Hawke's blood, making him so much more special than anybody else… Ugh! To me, that makes it worse. It was way more appealing to me, that Hawke's just this person who survived the Dark Spawn attacks and began adventuring until he/she became (accidentally) famous for it. Tacking on such a family secret afterwards isn't cool or upgrades the player character. It's more and more tedious.

The name "Darkspawn" is terrible. From the first time I read about the name in an article about DA:O, I thought it sounded like something from a Saturday morning cartoon show from the 80s.

I am so sick of darkspawn and the whole concept behind them. They're a bunch of re-skinned orcs. Zero imagination involved other than a stupid name. I really wish they'd move the hell away from the whole concept of DA:O.

The name Dragon Age always seemed like a genius idea to me. It can encompass an entire Age, a huge period of time spanning an entire planet. Why concentrate on more freaking darkspawn? My god there were about 12,000 darkspawn kills in the first one, that's not enough?

I'm getting tired of the whole franchise. The D&D stuff could get silly, but at least there was variation in the stories and settings. Is anyone interested in visiting a forest elf village and hearing more about how they are mistrusted and live in ghettos in the cities? Does anyone -- anyone -- want to go to the dark roads again? Do we really long to revisit the strife between the mages and the chantry? Again?

Bah. And I say this as a fan of the first two games. But I don't know how much more this will hold my interest. I liked DA2, but have zero interest in this DLC. If they release a full expansion I'd consider buying it, but this whole grey warden/darkspawn crap has been rubbed into the ground. Move on.

Lore is extremely weak.

Uncover the harsh truth about the Hawke lineage
I am wondering, when was the last time I uncovered a harsh truth about my character's past in a JRPG?
:D

Hmmm - let's see - In BG1 and BG2, didn't you uncover the harsh truth about yourself?

This has led one of the posters at the Bioware DA2 forums to conclude this:

Yrkoon says:
Lets see…

An old prison belonging to an old order? Check
This prison has housed an 'ancient evil' for thousands of years? Check.
The protagonist has to piece together some sort of "key"? Check.
The "ancient evil" wants to use the protagonist to free himself? Check.
Wait a minute. This is BG2's Watcher's Keep v2.0! Let me guess, the Talking Darkspawn's name is… Demogorgon. lol
source:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/7822840/21

Speculation also abounds that the conductor, the ancient horror (weren't those in BG games as well?) is actually Hawke's father…. And if so, then we have another -ahem- bhaalspawn saga at our hands….

Personally, I'm not sure whether I like this idea of Bioware's - to go back to fighting ancient evils, and secret orders. If this is what they understand from the feedback they got —— ahem - I'm not sure they understood it correctly, then. Most of the comments, I've seen about the DA2 game says that the story was OK, but it was clearly stitched together in a hurry and at least chapter 3 didn't mean a thing e.g. wasn't meaningfull to players - for x,y and z reasons.

Last edited:
Hmmm - let's see - In BG1 and BG2, didn't you uncover the harsh truth about yourself?

This has led one of the posters at the Bioware DA2 forums to conclude this:

Yrkoon says:

source:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/260/index/7822840/21

Speculation also abounds that the conductor, the ancient horror (weren't those in BG games as well?) is actually Hawke's father…. And if so, then we have another -ahem- bhaalspawn saga at our hands….

Personally, I'm not sure whether I like this idea of Bioware's - to go back to fighting ancient evils, and secret orders. If this is what they understand from the feedback they got —— ahem - I'm not sure they understood it correctly, then. Most of the comments, I've seen about the DA2 game says that the story was OK, but it was clearly stitched together in a hurry and at least chapter 3 didn't mean a thing e.g. wasn't meaningfull to players - for x,y and z reasons.

In Bioware's defense, most people who bought DA2 belongs in an age group who were not alive when BG2 came out, so this is Bioware's way of getting them to play the classics that is BG2 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom