GF 400 - The way its meant to be delayed

Looks like I may wait even longer to get a new card if I'm gonna stick w/ Nvidia, i had a bad experience w/ an ATi card that's kept me w/ them. When they finally do drop the new card on us, it's gonna be ridiculously expensive so I'll have to wait even longer.

Building a new gaming pc soon, and contemplating just hanging on to my trusty 8800 GTX - seriously a great card that has helped keep a 5 year old PC playing far longer than it should.

700 bucks! People actually pay that for a video card?

I'd hang myself for self-loathing if i woke up next to a 700 dollar video card taken home the night before. Well, if I paid for it anyway

Its all hearsay, but I heard the yields on Fermi were so low (single digits) that to charge $500 for a GTX would be a loss of several hundred dollars per card. In addition, they have had to do some alarming things with voltage (>280W) to get a decent clock, running the risk of losing PCIe certification. Who knows though, there is lots of misinformation out there.

"Hot, Slow, late and unmanufacturable"
http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/02/17/nvidias-fermigtx480-broken-and-unfixable/

Hasn't Nvidia had a LOT of quality issues with their latest GPUs?

I haven't heard anything that would indicate that. Of course I'm still using an 8800 GTS 512, but it runs 95% of my games with maxed out options.

I definitely plan on sticking with nVidia, but I won't buy a Fermi based card until they've worked out the kinks.

700 bucks! People actually pay that for a video card?

I'd hang myself for self-loathing if i woke up next to a 700 dollar video card taken home the night before. Well, if I paid for it anyway

I have payed around 6000-7000€ total for my current gaming systems audio and video included. :) Included is the most expensive graphics card I ever bought. Granted with current development of hardware needs in latest games Im not going to buy a new one for quite somtime.

I still have some ati love remmembering how great my radeon 9800 XT was... thought NVIDIA took back the lead some years ago.. now ATI appears to be on top again...

Nvidia had several issues with their mobile parts a while back. Lots of recalls and costumer complaints. Haven't heard of any major problems with their recent desktop parts.

Back
Top Bottom