Risen 2 - Captain Steelbeard Bio

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Whoever is creating the place names for the setting appears to need to try a little harder for originality it seems. :) Unless of course it's all intentionally done with a wink and a nudge.
But we've also been told that everything starts in the harbor city of Caldera....wonder if there will be a character named Creeper there? ;)

With the only difference being that Khorini doesn't end with an "s", I think it's obvious PB is trying to tell us something. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of in-game references are going to be made to other certain locations and /or events. :excited:

It was pretty obvious in Risen that it was actually Gothic all along. Captain Steelbeard is simply Captain Greg from NotR.

It was pretty obvious in Risen that it was actually Gothic all along. Captain Steelbeard is simply Captain Greg from NotR.
This. His name, Gregorius Emanuel Steelbeard, the fact that he's a man of honour with no manners and that he used to plunder the shores of the Lost Realms and Khorini Island back in the old days show exactly that.

So are PB trying to converge Risen storyline with Gothic?
Trying? The whole game was based on the actions of Gothic 3. Gods left and when they did something happened. The magic sealing the titans was disrupted and they were released into the world.

In case you didn't know there was a neutral choice
the Hero and Xardas entering the Forsaken Lands (?) together, forcing the gods away.

Trying? The whole game was based on the actions of Gothic 3. Gods left and when they did something happened. The magic sealing the titans was disrupted and they were released into the world.

In case you didn't know there was a neutral choice

Thank you for the information. Played Risen before any of the Gothics so did not figure out what released the titans. I will avoid the spoiler as I have yet to finish Gothic 3.

That's a tad too similar to be laziness. With PB having the option to develop a Gothic after Risen 2 I wonder if they are planning a merge of the two IPs.

Back
Top Bottom