Nethergate - Interview @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
RPG Vault's Jonric has interviewed Jeff Vogel in a three-page article about Nethergate: Resurrection. Here's an early question:
Jonric: What are the basics you'd like our readers to know about Nethergate: Resurrection? What's it about, and what do you mean when you say it's a ground-up re-write? When is it likely to ship?

Jeff Vogel:
Nethergate: Resurrection is our newest big indie RPG. It's available for Mac as of this week, and should be out for Windows this summer.
Nethergate: Resurrection takes place in a setting that is really unique for fantasy RPGs, ancient Britain. The Romans have taken over Britannia, crushing the Celts, the savage tribes that controlled the island. The game details how some Celts have discovered the last traces of magic left in the world. They are scheming to remove the Romans from their home. You can play the Celts and fight for freedom, or you can play Romans and crush the rebellion.

This game is a ground-up re-write of the original Nethergate, which came out last century. We've gone over every encounter and every dungeon, spicing them up, adding material, reworking the interface, and adding two big dungeons and a pile of new quests.
More information.

Anyone who loves a good story but doesn't care about graphics should get this game. I bought this game when it was first released and finished it all the way to the end. The story and just overall game is fun. If interested you should check out Bioforge, Avernum and for really really old game Exile.

I missed it originally and then found it problematic on my PC as well as struggling with the interface. However, I've followed the more modern Avernums and Geneforges carefully, so I'm really looking forward to this.

I downloaded the demo and started the adventure. I am very LTTP with Spiderweb - Avernum 3 was my first of their games. So this is new to me. The party movement system still feels a bit funky to me, but it is another interesting Jeff Vogel Experience!

Does it use the nice engine from Avernum 4 ?

Back
Top Bottom