Two Worlds - UK Release Date, Demo Impressions

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Southpeak has announced Two Worlds will be released in the UK on Sept 7th:
Friday 24th August/...SouthPeak Games has officially announced the release date for Two Worlds, its epic free-roaming RPG for PC and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. Launching on 7th September, Two Worlds’ marriage of deep single-player questing and expansive multiplayer co-operation makes it the ideal choice for filling those longer autumnal nights.
Two Worlds will be available in normal and Collector’s Edition packs, both available for pre-order now. The PC Collector’s Edition, which includes a wealth of additional materials and free un-lockable content, will be exclusively available at GAME. The Xbox 360 Collector’s Edition, which includes the same additional material and a free 48-hour Gold membership to the Xbox LIVE® online game service, will be available at all good retailers.
Melanie Mroz, Executive Vice President, SouthPeak Games comments: “We’re overjoyed to confirm Two Worlds’ release date for the UK. It’s been a long time coming, but we think a game of this complexity and scope shouldn’t be hastily rushed to market. We’re making sure that Two Worlds has been exhaustively balanced and bug-tested, meaning that UK players will get the very best experience possible on September 7th.”
Two Worlds will be released for PC and Xbox 360 on the 7th September.
Meanwhile, Rock Paper Shotgun has some short thoughts on the demo:
Two Worlds was not generally not that well received by internet game judges, but I’m throughly enjoying this demo in a ‘B-Game’ kind of way. There’s something solid about the hack ‘n slash, and the cheesy dialogue seems to take the edge off any pretension. Although that perception could be a consequence of my profound lack of sleep…
More information.

Wow - that is pretty nasty ridicule of the demo. I've not played - can anyone confirm that is how it plays?

Somone on the 2worlds boards commented that its a 3d diablo. You kill stuff (lots), collect loot, get levels and do simple quests (kill stuff => get loot/levels).

You kill wolves, bears, orcs, humans, elves, waterpeople, skeletons, dragons and all of their relatives, parents and grandparents and then finally when they are all dead you kill them again when they raise as ghosts. In som videos ive seen the character constantly laugh while he fights so I guess hes enjoying himself.

Thus I conclude that the game is about a insane massmurderer bent on killing everything that moves in the world.

Last edited:
That's pretty much how it plays, although you do not kill everything in sight. Only monsters and bandits that roam outside the cities and off the roads. From the start you'll get one "game-spanning" main quest, and by talking with characters you'll get tons of smaller side quests (just like pretty much any RPG). But it does feel like a pretty mediocore RPG with some interesting parts and some terribly cliche parts. I've played version 1.4 and finished it in about 17 hours as level 46.

But I must say that the 1.5 version of the game is a significant improvement over the state the game was in when it was released. It decidedly feels less amateurish and has some more polish and less bugs. I think this can be a very enjoyable game for those that like this sort of environment and open gameplay, so just try the demo and decide for yourself.

I played the demo for 2½-4 hours last night. I wanted to find out what happened to the people in Antaloor, helping them with their troubles. This the first game since say Baldur's Gate 2, I have wanted to do this.

I have looks isn't everything, but the sheer beauty of the landscape just makes you stop a pause - and suddenly you're attacked by a wolf, a bandit a grom, or bear.
The landscape are varied, ranging form villages & towns over lakes to the stonebarren ground and caves. Thankfully, not much bloom is used ;)

Only critique is the combat. It really is a clickfest.

The demo isn't grabbing me. I know quite a few people who are actually really enjoying it and looking forward to the game coming out - they like it more than Oblivion and Gothic 3. I don't though - graphically it's well behind both of those titles. It's closer to Gothic 3 than Oblivion, though it does have a much more solid combat system - spells, skills etc. are all quite simple to understand and get to grips with.

Might be worth getting for the multiplayer, but that's about it for me.

Back
Top Bottom