Morrowind - Skywind Mod Project

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Skywind is a project that aims to bring Morrowind to life with the Creation Engine of Skyrim. You can check it out here.

Q: What IS Skywind exactly?

A: It is a non-commercial, fan made modification for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that seeks to merge the amazing world of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with the enhanced graphics and capabilities of Skyrim's engine.

While ownership of both games is required to play, the player only actually plays Skywind using the Skyrim game, and not the older Morrowind game. This means that the user interface, combat, graphics, and system requirements for the Skywind mod are all those of Skyrim, and NOT Morrowind.

Q: What do I need to run Skywind?

A: You will need a copy of TES III: Morrowind, including the Bloodmoon and Tribunal expansions installed correctly on your system. Plus TES V: Skyrim of course. The exact files that you will need to run, as well as the instructions you should follow to install can be located on The Official Installation Instruction Thread.
You can also watch a few video demonstrations on the projects Youtube channel.

More information.

looks great but even if they make exact copy of all external environments, i doubt they will be able to port tons of book texts and quests and then there all also all those secret underwater caves and what not. Morrowind was so huge that i cant remember any modern sandbox game today that is that big.

Skyrim and Oblivion along with a number of other games have larger game worlds.

OpenWM and now this. Well its been a while since I played MW so it might be worth a try.

This will supposedly not allow pirated copies to run it. If so, I wonder if a similar method can be used as copy protection for games instead of the damned always-online thing many have going on.

http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

MSGO:
Morrowind Overhaul (from here MO) is a project born 5 years ago. The aim of it is to make more people around the world appreciate all the content created by the community to enhance the game experience.

Basically MO is a “compilation” of the best mods out there, packed together with care for detail and user-friendliness. In fact you will be able to install hundreds of beautiful mods at once, with a simple installer designed by us with simplicity in mind.
Another thing that I have to mention is the attention to create something that keeps the Morrowind’s feeling intact. That’s why we tried to choose only the mods that were really well made and faithful to the original colours and environment.

The main benefit of this compilations is that players don’t need to go through the “download every single mod out there and try it” phase of customizing Morrowind. The pack is intended for people who would prefer not to hand-pick mods out of the thousands of mods available. Modding Morrowind can be overwhelming for some people, and they might want to start out with a compilation before they feel comfortable picking and choosing mods on their own.

MSGO is phenomenal. Highly recommended for breathing a bit of new life into Morrowind!

I definitely will have to keep an eye on this!

I own Morrowind, but haven't really played it much. I vastly preferred Skyrim over all the others simply due to the improved third person view, making it a viable option for playing (never cared for the first person, makes me motion sick). I also really liked Skyrim's interface.

When this is further along, I'll have to download it and give it a try.

I didn't like it. The environment looked to clean and spruced up. Walking on giant bugs, playing around in the sewers, dust storms etc. all gave the Morrowind world a gritty look. The Dwarven(?) ruins even looked abandoned for centries. I'm going to need some good word of mouth from you fine folks before I invest any time in this mod.

When and if they make this work for real - I'll happily delve into it.

I can't stand Morrowind and its awful skill system, dull combat system, awkward animations and clunky engine - but I'd love to experience the content in the Skyrim engine.

Back
Top Bottom