What games are you playing now?

You'll be able to specialize your class later.
But - this choice can't be unmade. So choose carefully ...

No problem with that, but thanks for the hint.

Completed Hunted: Demon's Forge, not a bad game. Despite the Gears of War type combat (get into cover and use your bow like a gun), it was quite enjoyable with lots of little secrets to find. The double act between the two main characters was irritating at first, but eventually by the end I warmed to them.

Now playing American McGee's Alice, with the sequel to follow. I've installed some mods to prettify the graphics a bit and use widescreen. Once these are out of the way, I might get back to something a bit more RPG.

Alice, awesome game. I still have yet to play the sequel.

still playing journey, ive completed it several times. Multiplayer can be a beautiful experience. really a good game

The third episode was probably my favourite.

Looking through the forum I´m quite surprised there´s rather low amount of posts about the game because
a) it´s a good slice of virtual entertainment
b) the accent on and the nature of decision making pushes it towards RPG-y territory, at least in feel

To elaborate a bit on b), in this game the puzzles take a major backseat and serve mostly as means to provide some breathing room to plot progression (in this case I´d say difficult or more elaborate puzzles would likely be detrimental to the intended experience) and QTEs + few crappy "action" sequences are really just atmosphere/intensity enhancers (in the last chapter few QTEs are used in really cool ways btw), it´s defining the pc and how he can affect the other characters via choices what TWD´s gameplay is mostly about.
Basically, it may be sold as an adventure horror game, but its most prominent gameplay feature feels like something taken from a narrative-heavy RPG :).
And it works, since the writing in this game is usually really good (the last two chapters are imo less consistent in this regard; the ending is great though).

I just finished it. I agree the ending is great, and I loved the ambiguity of the the final scene.
I think the 2nd episode was my favorite, but they were all good.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience. Anyone who's a fan of the series and hasn't played it yet must do so. The inevitable sequel is a definite purchase for me.

Currently replaying NWN OC + HotU. Fun game, but it really is saved by HotU. The OC alone would not have been sufficient for me to replay it.

I have OC alone. Means - I won't replay it ever. :)

For days, weeks in fact, I haven't played anything after finished FarCry3.
Dunno how and why, I'm just not in the mood to play anything at all. Maybe I got too old. Did anyone got in such mood before? What did you do? Is there any game to get me out of it? Yea, I should replay NWN OC or DA2, right...

Started playing Dark Souls. Died.

Haha! Indeed. Prepare to do so over and over again. It becomes a manifestation of a kind of buddhist reincarnation philosophy; clutching and striving to life (trying to keep your souls and stay alive) leading only to more pain and suffering. :D

When I'm not playing Dark Souls, I'm chillaxing within the confines of a much easier universe to traverse: Mass Effect 3. So far it's a little bland and empty feeling, but I'm keen to see what kind of carry over effects if any, my imported character from the first game will have on the narrative.

My brother and I also finished up our Torchlight 2 game. Not bad, although quite derivative. There's lots of Diablo-fuelled nostalgia to be had here; especially with Matt Uelman's soundtrack practically cloning himself at times. :)

I'm liking the sound of the Walking Dead. I've enjoyed the TV show as well, so I may just have to check out the game based on the positive reportages here.

For days, weeks in fact, I haven't played anything after finished FarCry3.
Dunno how and why, I'm just not in the mood to play anything at all. Maybe I got too old. Did anyone got in such mood before? What did you do? Is there any game to get me out of it?

Try playing something from a different genre that you wouldn't usually play. I find that helps when I'm feeling burnt out on the type of games I normally play. If that doesn't work then maybe you just need a break from gaming for awhile. Try reading a book, etc.

I'm liking the sound of the Walking Dead. I've enjoyed the TV show as well, so I may just have to check out the game based on the positive reportages here.

Indeed, you could use it to unwind between your sessions of Dark Souls. ;)

Haven't checked out The Cave yet ... trying hard not to buy new stuff until I make some progress with my backlog. Of course, replaying old games isn't helping ... speaking of which:

Half Life (i.e. the original) has *finally* arrived on the Mac! It is the 'Half Life Source' version and fully updated ... and it plays amazingly well. Great stuff!

Chrono Trigger (Snes emulator)
Castlevania symphony of the night (Psx emulator)
Walking Dead (IPad)

Still getting used to SWTOR …
Playing as a trooper has pretty much the same appeal as playing as a Heavy in TF … just smile and wave.
Knowing that you can soak quite some damage tends to make you keep your calm in the middle of a fight.

Yep. Trooper also has a fairly interesting questline in my opinion. I've played through all the class stories (I have 8x50 characters in TOR) and it's definitely one of the better ones. My overall favourite story is probably Imperial Agent, while I prefer the gameplay of Guardian/Juggernaught, Assassin/Shadow and Marauder/Sentinel. I'm simply something of a melee guy.

Enjoying Elemental Fallen Enchantress at the moment, they've done a good job sorting out the gameplay of the original. Not sure it'll have quite the lifespan of Master of Magic though, can't tell quite how the races will really play that differently.

Taking break from Path of exile to play Antichamber bit strange first person puzzle game.Puzzles are cleverly designed,normal rules don't apply in lot cases there and require bit twisted logic to solve.Graphic is simplistic but effective similar to Q.U.B.E. .This is unique game and I would definitively recommend especially to those to that liked Portal,Q.U.B.E. and Quantum corundum.

Played thru the first episode of The Walking Dead, and I agree that it's awesome. Why havent I've been playing this? I think it's my aversion to some "adventure" style games that arent adventuresome at all, they are frustrating pixel-hunts and illogical inventory mash-ups.
Going to play thru the next episode right now!

Also, Ive heard a lot about Shadow of the Colosuss for PS3, so I ordered a copy and was playing around with it a bit this morning. It seems pretty cool, but I had a migraine so I couldnt do the motion thing. Looks like a pretty unique game tho.
The edition I got came bundled with a game called Ico, of which i have no knowledge whatsoever as well.

SoC is pretty cool, few games I've played have the huge sense of scale that that game has. The only frustrating thing I found is your characters tendency to fall over all the time - apparently this is worse on the PS3 vs the PS2 version.

Ico is also good but in a very different way, more of a platformer than SoC's series of boss battles. Both have a great atmosphere though, and the sense of being alone in a huge, empty but beautiful landscape. Apparently SoC is (or can be interpreted as) a prequel to Ico.

I started playing the Walking Dead too after everyone raving about it here. I find it amazing too. It's really well done. It's more an interactive mini-series than a game though to be honest. A big part of it is pretty restricted. The good parts are that choices do matter a lot in many cases, but not always.

There's one scene I tried replaying using a multitude of options and it keep ending the same way. BUT the scene would/might not have even existed had I chosen a different path earlier in the game.

So really good thumbs up.

One scene was way too gory though. I woke up this morning thinking about it.

Had great fun with BOUT yesterday - The Book Of Unwritten Tales.
Great adventure game, imho ! One of the best I played ! :)
So much fine humour, but still being some kind of serious ...

Back
Top Bottom