Calling for screenshots

Nice screenies. :)
Did anyone of our staff contact you?

Hm, I just stumbled upon this thread. I have lots of Bloodlines screenshots. You can download a selection here. I have more if there is interest.

You are welcome. It seems that screenies from many, even newer and quite popular RPGs are missing in the database, so maybe it's better to sticky this thread. Are you also interested in screenshots from older RPGs that are not listed in the database?

We want everything. EVERYTHING! *breaks out into maniac laughter*

Seriously though, I think we can make use of everything. :) If it's not in the database, it can be added.

You know, people might be more tempted to contribute if they were credited for their contributions... just sayin'.

:)

I'm willing to contribute some time toward creating screenshots on a regular basis, say, for a matter of a few weeks (I just finished up a contract at work, so I really don't have anything else to do). I own a rather extensive games library, comprised primarily of new titles (post 2000)...however, while I don't feel that crediting them in any manner is truly necessary (as per VPeric's suggestion) I would like to ask if a comprehensive list could be provided of those games which require screens. It would aid in preventing myself - and others - from wasting our time in creating pointless screen-captures. I mean, saying "we want everything!" is fine, but it doesn't let us know for which titles you have already received screens from another member, which have a database of screens you are already content with and which, if any, you already have committed members working on.
In any case, I'll work on submitting some soon, though I do hope you take my words under consideration.
Best of luck...

Postscript:
Let me see if I have this correct...
1. Images should be in jpeg format
2. Images can be uploaded to a third-party server or sent in batches to an administrator via email
3. Images should be no larger than 400kb
If so, may I inquire as to the following...
1. Is there any specific manner in which you would prefer the image title be formatted (for instance, name-of-game_screenshot#)?
2. Are there any watermarks you would like applied to the image (a RPGWatch logo, for instance)?

Unfortunately I lost a lot of screenshots of many games in a hard disc crash some months ago but I found a folder with MotB screenshots. My old comp can run NWN 2 only on low settings so they don't show it's full glory but better then nothing until you got better ones, I guess.

Sorry for the slow response to some of these and thanks to Asbjoern for jumping in and uploading some.

@purpleblob - thanks, uploaded.

@Amasius - thanks, the MotB screens are uploaded.

@themadhatter,

1. Any common graphics format should be fine. I did write jpg only at the beginning of the thread but that was outdated.

2. Yep, any reasonable manner of getting them to us.

3. 400k isn't a hard rule but it's probably a fair guideline. If you have a screen that really needs a hi-res to do it justice, go for it within reason.

4. Don't really care about formatting except no spaces, weird characters and we have some restrictions like no m_ (and a couple of others) at the beginning of a filename. Probably easiest to just not have _ in the first few characters.

5. Our uploader watermarks automatically.

As for what games, why not have a wander through our database?

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/games

Games with screens have an "Image" link on the far right. Games with no (or few) screens would be nice but all are welcome.

Thanks for the swift reply, Dhruin, I appreciate that.
I'll take a look around the database and see what I can offer.
Again, thanks and best of luck...

@Amasius - thanks, the MotB screens are uploaded.
Hm, you have added the screens in the database to NWN 2 and not to the expansion; was that intentional?

If I replay some of my favorite RPGs I'll remember to take some screenshots, keep up the good work.

Here's my first contribution: Bioshock.
http://www.mediafire.com/?abmsjm1zzo3
I just did a marathon run over the night (roughly four hours, not counting my rather frequent breaks) and took some shots of whatever caught my eye. For the most part, they're non-combat oriented (scenery and the like), as you'll see for yourself. Thirty pictures in all, png file-format, with an average filesize of roughly 400kb (I do apologize for the fact that some - three, I believe - approached the 500kb range). Lastly, you'll have to disregard some of the resolution changes. For some reason Fraps shifted from saving the screenshots in the resolution I was playing at (1280x1024) to a smaller one (1024x768).

Lastly, I quickly skimmed through the database and came up with a list of titles I can submit screen-caps for, as follows...
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscure
Arx Fatalis
Avencast: Rise of the Mage
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal
Beyond Divinity
Deus Ex
Diablo
Dungeon Siege 2
Freelancer
Gothic 2
Hellgate London
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Loki
Mage Knight Apocalypse
Overlord
Space Hack

...if anyone else is presently working on acquiring screenshots for the aforementioned titles, kindly leave a reply denoting such.

PostScript:
I used Mediafire only as they provide a stable upload rate (where I'm concerned), a good, free hosting service and no wait-times. If you'd prefer I upload any further images I might submit elsewhere, kindly note such.
Thanks...

Those were very atmospheric, themadhatter--professional quality. Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks also to Amasius. Nice MotB stuff.

Hm, I don't remember having seen some of my screenshots I contributed a while ago ... BUt on the other hand, I don't remember anymore. ;)

What about screenshots in different languages ? I think this would be interesting. ;)

And by the way: What about an menu entry called "PictureWatch" in the RPGWatch menu at the top ?
I'd like to be able to access/see the PictureWatch as an own entity.

Back
Top Bottom