Piranha Bytes RPB - Gameworld FAQ @ WoP

Dhruin

SasqWatch
World of Piranha Bytes has a multi-lingual official FAQ on the mythology, setting and gameworld for PB´s upcoming RPG with the codename RPB. In general, RPB will have a setting and gameplay very much like Gothic, although PB promises the entire setting is new and fans will appreciate items like shields and dual-wielding.
The real name of the game will be revealed at the upcoming E3. A teaser site with not much more than a countdown is supposed to go online every minute.
WoP also hosts a couple of tutorials written by PB team members. Some of them are in English, others in German, often with English annotations to the screenshots. Head over there if you want to get first hand lessons on the creation of graphic assets.

More information.

The more interesting infos can be found in the unofficial fact collection titled "gesammelte Fakten". Only in German unfortunately.

PB´s art director released 160 still unknown Gothic 1 artworks this week. They have been spread over 3 sites and should be uploaded sooner or later.

Wow what a change for once: no orcs, no elves :d

Drool. That's pretty much all I have to say.

The FAQ seems to describe a very gothic-ess game... which is a good thing.

Ralf posted a week or so ago that they left the 50% mark behind them quite some time ago, althoug they´re still somewhere in the middle of the development cycle. So it´s not that far away.

Where´s the part with no orcs and no elves? I must have overlooked it.

Ralf posted a week or so ago that they left the 50% mark behind them quite some time ago, althoug they´re still somewhere in the middle of the development cycle. So it´s not that far away.

Where´s the part with no orcs and no elves? I must have overlooked it.

-Apart from humans, will there be other races to interact with, like orcs, elves or dwarves?
-Yes, but none of the above.

Thanks.

---------------------

Does that count bugs or are the bugs counted in only after the mark goes over 100%? ;)

Re:-
[The title should be able to stand on its own, but plans for a purposeful continuation have been made.]

I am pleased to hear this from the Piranhas, it shows a devoted future commitment, i expected nothing less. :)

Does that count bugs or are the bugs counted in only after the mark goes over 100%? ;)

You've said the only thing that worries me about PB's new game. All the other things look pretty good and I will most likely buy the game.

Starting to get pretty excited about this one. Does anyone know if it will be a simultaneous release in multiple countries?

That´s possible. Deep Silver has direct market access in DACH, GB, F, I and the US. It´s up to them whether they want to release simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom