Arcania - Interview @ Arcania Center

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Polish fansite Arcania Center has an interview in English with Spellbound community rep EDL:
Arcania.gram.pl: It will be available software to edit the game?
EDL: Later on? We will see. Too early to talk about that.

Arcania.gram.pl:It will be able to buy their own home or farm?
EDL: No.

Arcania.gram.pl: Will it be something like the example: We shoot someone in the leg and he limp, or in his hand, and he can't move it?
EDL: Do you mean if the opponents have hit zones? Yes that should be the case. But the question of detail is not finally answered.

Arcania.gram.pl: Does on every level of our characters will add life like in G1 and G2. In G3 we had to learn it?
EDL: Hmm, do you mean Hitpoints? Yes, they will increase with your level.
More information.

Oh gods!!. You said "The Witcher" had a bad translation?? or "Pathologic"?? :)) Looks like some atrocious google translation or something. Wow my god. Terrible.

One things new though: no swimming as far as I can tell.

I couldn't barely understand most of that interview.

Arcania.gram.pl: Are you finally come quiver? Arrows in the previous parts hero take out them from the air. ?

Eh? :lol:

I think thats "Is a quiver modelled on the hero? In the previous games the hero drew arrows from thin air. ?" or so

Very little info there, translation hilarity aside.

Arcania.gram.pl: If we flee from the monster that will be able to drink elixir during the running?
EDL: That should be possible. Yes.

Very disappointed about this in particular. So much for the realism of having to take out a potion and drink it. :-/

Very disappointed about this in particular. So much for the realism of having to take out a potion and drink it. :-/

Perhaps they can adjust it so it slows you down and akes the potion less effective ... not likely, though.

You can't run and drink at the same time? Grab a bottle of water and run down the block and give it a try, it's really not that hard.

Was it G2 that you stopped completely when you drank a potion? That drove me nuts!

Slowing down to 75% while drinking a potion would be about realistic. Having to stop to drink only means your animators didn't have time to make a run&drink animation.

about that site that pretends to be the polish official something, if they didn't learn a word of english since they started their official something 2 years ago, if they keep changing graphics (with no clue about web design) every month, it is clear they're kids playing, they'll never make anything decent, it's a pity a developer has to answer to their often retarded questions - besides language barriers.
a torch does not light up in case of rain? never seen a proper torch irl, it is not exactly a common stick that catches fire by chance. realism anyone? they've never left their room with tv and computer. perhaps somebody is still wiping their nose when needed.

about some hints in the other comments about the language in g1+2, they both have excellent english translation and way above-than-average speech, with a variety of accents that actually add to the atmosphere of the game. especially in comparison with some other fairly recent rpgs, regardless of their budget.
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited:
Running and drinking a potion is realistic but not being able to isn't realistic at all. On the other hand not being able to drink a potion and run is more balancing. A good idea to balance it out is make the potions gradually restore your health instead of being instant or fast. Also make it so the enemies only chase you so far before giving up and going back. This would remove the exploit of running and drinking a potion and going back to damage the enemy more then rince and repeat.

PS. When I mean gradual I mean slow enough that a higher level enemy will out damage the potions healing.

. Also make it so the enemies only chase you so far before giving up and going back. This would remove the exploit of running and drinking a potion and going back to damage the enemy more then rince and repeat.

You mean like in the first 3 games? ;)

You mean like in the first 3 games? ;)
I think in G3 you could lure a monster from the desert all the way up to Nordmar if you kept a certain distance.

I think in G3 you could lure a monster from the desert all the way up to Nordmar if you kept a certain distance.

Yes, *if* you kept a certain distance. I thought the devs designed that pretty well though. It was fun to experiment with luring monsters into camps and such.

You can't run and drink at the same time? Grab a bottle of water and run down the block and give it a try, it's really not that hard.

Was it G2 that you stopped completely when you drank a potion? That drove me nuts!

Slowing down to 75% while drinking a potion would be about realistic. Having to stop to drink only means your animators didn't have time to make a run&drink animation.

But since games fall into 2 camps - insta-heal and Gothic 2 ... I am assuming that you can 'run and spam-heal' in Arcania.

Back
Top Bottom