Gothic 2 G2 NOTR - Xfire problem

bloodlover

Sentinel
Anyone managed to play G2 NOTR (I have GOG version) and take in game screenshots? I can start the game from Xfire and my playtime is recorded but I can't take screenshots...

Oh too bad. One more things: is pickpocketing good in this game? I'm going for an archer, I joined thief guild and soon will go for mercenaries.

Right down I am doing the chalice quests from the thief guild :)

One more things: is pickpocketing good in this game?

As I recall, pickpocketing is based on your dexterity. Certain npcs are harder to pickpocket than others, and you get more XP for pickpocketing in the later chapters.

You can only pickpocket someone once though. So if you get them in Chapter 2 for instance, you won't have the option in Chapter 3, etc. It's better to wait until the later chapters unless you need to pickpocket someone as part of a quest.

Definitely get pickpocketing at some point. You get a load of XP, a fair bit of gold and at least one quest needs it. However for harder pickpocketing (eg where it is described as "difficult" to pickpocket a purse etc) try to boost dexterity as much as possible by wearing rings of skill, amulets, belts etc.

Its a tactical decision about when to get it during the game - I've had it both earlier and later, it just depends if you need those skill points for something more valuable at the time. There is no difference in the amount of XP you get based on chapters - but you get more XP from each person the more people you pickpocket.

If you're not sure you're going to be able to pickpocket someone successfully, it pays to save the game beforehand otherwise you could have an angry paladin or whatever chasing you around :)

There is no difference in the amount of XP you get based on chapters - but you get more XP from each person the more people you pickpocket.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it works that way. I'm pretty sure you get more XP for pickpocketing in the later chapters. It has nothing to do with how many people you've thieved from.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think it works that way. I'm pretty sure you get more XP for pickpocketing in the later chapters. It has nothing to do with how many people you've thieved from.
That's also how I remember it, certain activities like pickpocketing and reading bookstands provide increased XP in later chapters.

Back
Top Bottom