Divinity Anthology - Review @ Gaming Nexus

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gaming Nexus has a short review of The Divinity Anthology, with a score of 8.5/10. On the included Developer's Mode for D2:
My personal favorite, however, is the “Developer's Mode”. Turn it on and you have access to tool that allows you to do things like add arbitrary skill levels and experience points, equip any item in the game, teleport to any location, and all sorts of other things. Basically, the sort of thing that cheats allow one to do in other games. It is so cool. There are two types of RPG'ers – ones who don't cheat, and ones who do. I love to cheat. Every game should have cheats. I don't care if they turn off achievements when used. An RPG has two points – action and story. If I can't get to the end of the story because of some stupid twitchy trick I can't get it is the game that's a failure, not me. It would be like buying a book and finding out that you won't get the last 50 pages until you win an MMA bout. Finally, a game that's with me on this one.

In summary, “Divinity II: Developer's Cut”. If you have already played the previous installments the only reason to buy it would be for the additional, making-of style materials. If you haven't played it and are looking for an RPG fix until the really good Christmas games come out, this will do.
More information.

I'm having trouble believing there are actually people who can't beat any RPG made in the last 10 years. I really am. If this guy has attention deficit disorder and just wants to screw around with a game instead of playing it, he should fess up about his preferred playstyle.

Don't you think he was pretty explicit in saying that he likes to cheat through games?

In many games I have played to completion, I have run into show stopping bugs at the end game. Two Worlds, Gothic 3, and several non RPGs like Beyond Good and Evil. A repeatable crash or something made it impossible to complete or see the final cinematic. It makes sense that the least amount of playtesting makes it to the end of games. This is where cheats come in handy to completing a game.

Having said that, I hate using cheats in a game, absolutely kills the fun for me.

I found out the one time I tried to cheat through a game with the first time I played Morrowind that cheating makes the game extremely boring and I never did it again. That is not to say I don't use cheats but they are only to get around stupid game design decisions or bugs and not to make the game easy. (if the game is way too hard for me to get through I will use cheats to lower the level of difficulty to a manageable level like in action oriented games)

The old cheat argument and how real gamers don't cheat. Newsflash people pc trainers are a big business on the pc and the older consoles had cheat devices also.

Hell the PS3 even has an official cheat device now. Allot of people cheat even in MMO'S. I believe if a person wants to cheat who cares. They paid for the game let them play as they want.;)

Back
Top Bottom