Pillars of Eternity - Crowdfunding Ending

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to a post on PC Gamer the Pillars of Eternity crowdfunding campaign wraps up next week. As for me I thought it was already over last year.

Believe it or not, the Pillars of Eternity crowdfunding campaign is still underway. Obsidian raised nearly $4 million for the game on Kickstarter, but while that effort came to an end in October 2012 it's still possible to back the project directly through the developer. But not for much longer.

It all comes to a close on August 22, after which you'll only be able to preorder the game at full price. That's also the date on which Obsidian will "lock down" all backer reward tiers, along with any remaining surveys for in-game credits and memorial stones, so it can get on with the manufacturing process. Physical add-ons to existing Pillars of Eternity orders, like mouse pads or playing cards—and yes, you can buy Pillars of Eternity playing cards if that's your thing—will also no longer be available after the 22nd.

The studio clarified a few points about the Pillars of Eternity backer beta as well. It will go live on August 18 exclusively through Steam, but the keys will only be good for the beta version of the game, so players who want a DRM-free version of the final release will still be able to get one. The backer beta will initially be exclusive to Windows, but Mac and Linux versions are expected to follow within a few weeks.
More information.

We're finally starting to get close...

They got me for an additional 20. After seeing two Kickstarter's I backed released and watching the development progress I felt pretty safe banking on the eventual "expansion pack" for that much. Didn't spring for the beta, I kept putting off D:OS play during beta because I didn't want to spoil it so not much point in spending on that premium.

I can't believe how fast the past two years went by. That kickstarter was pretty amazing. I can't wait to dive down levels of that huge dungeon! I wonder how much of the game the backer demo will be though. I hope it's more than just the E3 demo.

I know, right? Though my thought is they'll probably be a little generous for the backer demo...plus they've probably come a ways since that E3 demo. ^.^

I'll leave it to others to make inappropriate jokes about fanboys playing poker with their Pillars of Eternity. I have my PoE CE + playing cards ordered. :)

Back
Top Bottom