Two Worlds II - RPS Impressions #2

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I forgot to add Day 2 of Rock, Paper, Shotgun's impressions of Two Worlds II to the review roundup earlier. Alec Meer has reached the savannah:
Now I’m back in another variant of cell-shaded Africa, collecting swords and killing beasts. It’s startling in both the unexpected reminensce and in the sharp change from the dingy claustrophobia of Two Worlds II so far. My purpose, as revealed in part one, has for now coalesced into an obsession with upgrading my weapons via a dismantlement-based crafting system. So that’s why I’m out in this desert. Running. Stabbing. Looting.
In a manner that I suspect may ultimately become haunting, Two Worlds II has poured everything into the incidental details of world, at the aching expense of dialogue, characterisation and common sense. I don’t care why my character is here in the slightest, but I am massively impressed by how well they’ve recreated and animated the ape (a baboon? I think so. My monkey-fu is not what it could be) that’s currently hiding behind a tree and flinging something suspiciously viscous at me. I can’t help but presume it’s monkey poo, but on the other hand it’s a lurid green colour and causes some sort of poison damage when it hits me. Best not to wonder.
More information.

That was part (a big part) of my problem with part 1, my uncontrollable obsession with upgrading my weapons. They made it way too easy. I hope they set limits in the one.

Back
Top Bottom