Just got batman arkham city for pc

S

sakichop

Not sure if they jumped the gun but my brother just gave me batman arkham city for pc. Got it from bestbuy. Checked bestbuys on line through google shopping they list them as in stock but on bestbuy's site, they and everyone else says release date is 22nd.

I'm playing skyrim anyway but wondering if anyone else has seen them in bestbuy's or if it's a mistake.

Yep, you got that early. It's out on Tuesday.

I wonder if I can activate it or if i'll have to wait until tuesday. It comes on 2 discs with a code for play as robin dlc. No printed manual but a 10 page product catalog with stuff for you to buy from action figures to batman hats. It does say in the small print on the box "activation required not playable until 10.18.2011.

If you wait until Black Friday, Best Buy will be selling Arkham City for $30. Their ad shows the PS3 and 360 versions, but I assume the PC version will be included in the sale.

This was on my "must buy" list, but now I couldn't care any less about it. It's not that I heard or read bad reviews or that it doesn't look fun, but it can't compete with Skyrim.

Maybe I'll pick it up around Christmas or next year.

If you wait until Black Friday, Best Buy will be selling Arkham City for $30. Their ad shows the PS3 and 360 versions, but I assume the PC version will be included in the sale.

Too late already installed it. The game it's self activated but it won't activate on windows live so I can't save. Game stutters a lot in city with dx11 enabled on an i7@4.7ghz and 2 gtx 480's in sli. Runs fine in dx9. Not sure if it's a software issue or if dx11 requires that much power. Game looks great, pyhsx is cool but just window dressing, Played about an hour no crashes and really fun. If you liked arkham asylum it's a must buy.

I can't speak for the PC version, but I bought and finished the Xbox version and I'm a huge fan. It's much more open world then Asylum is, which has it's pluses and minuses to it. But overall it's just a really well made and engaging game. The story and game world contains a lot more batman lore and many more of his rogues gallery as well, which I like a lot, and I'm not even a batman fan.

Back
Top Bottom