The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Indeed. About an hour ago:

At this time the game servers are now available. Please note that the DDO Store and account management site at myaccount.turbine.com are not yet available as we continue to work to resolve remaining issues. We will provide another update once these services have been restored.

We have enabled a +25% Heroic & Epic XP boost to coincide with the loot boost. Enjoy!

Ok get the freebie for this week while you can. Free Box of Chocolates: Code: VDAY13 Severs going down again on Wed for the new GH update. I expect that will be a long download. Hopefully it will not create new issues. They did credit the TP.

Corwin will be out this week if memory serves. Or time has all run into one long day for me again. Not sure................;)

Yes, I'll be out this weekend and all next week, but I will be back the following friday. I have also booked to spend 2 months in Canada in July and August so I will miss at least 2-3 sessions then while flying. I'll do my best to be available for most of the friday sessions, but when you're staying with family they can have other plans.

Sounds like we're up for our tops on Friday, then, or perhaps our epics. Will Reywind also be otherwise engaged, or is it just Corwin?

Ok get the freebie for this week while you can. Free Box of Chocolates: Code: VDAY13

I'm just checking the DDO store page …

The "Return To Gianthold" has seemingly launched a few new items in the store as well … Among others there is the "Monster Manual Volume 3" …

More here : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoreu17

All sales here : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostoresale

20 % off :

• Inventory space
  • Jewels of fortune
  • Slayer count boost
  • Bell Of Opening

More stuff (no discounts there) :

• +4 Stat Tomes
  • Otto's irresistible box (limited time)
  • "Ruins Of Gianthold" quest pack
  • "Sovereign I Experience Elixir"
  • "Augments & Augment Tools"

Question: I've been waiting for Vale to go on sale so I can start getting green steel items...still waiting. In any case are there items better then green steel? I'm actually in EveningStar and trying to get commendations for the War Wizards items. What is better then green steel at my level? Level 20(ready for 21)I chose Draconic Incarnation as my epic destiny...don't yet see any benefits to it. I also chose 1 tier of charisma but it didnt add any SP (total charisma 35). Is there a max for charisma or the more the better?

Warning: U17 is out with a critical game bug for all of you using outfits / robes. The bug just make all your unnamed robes / outfits disappear from your bank / inventory.

So please don't login with a caster / monk etc. until Turbine has released a hotfix for this:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4908035#post4908035

There are some good choices available with DI, it's what I chose for my Wiz. SP increase only happens with even numbers, so take your Charisma up to 36. I can't comment on Blue Tin items, I don't have any.

I think greensteel items are great regardless of level. One reason is the possibility to customize what you need.

E. g. a 45 hp item with heavy fortification ++ or a concordant opposition item to give you hp and mana back if you're hit.

The GS weapons are also good because you can add abilities you need on them (good / holy, metalline, acid, cold, disruptor etc.). Epic weapons are, however, usually better than the GS weapons. One reason is that GS weapons have a die modifier of 1.5 while epic weapons have a 2.0 modifier (raid items 2.5 modifier).

I think the main reason to do greensteel items is not their great use at level 20+, but when you TR. GS items can be used at level 11 and GS weapons at level 12. You will love having your GS items available in the reincarnation cache waiting for you at level 11 / 12. It makes a huge difference if performance. Try to add your 45 hp/ heavy fort goggles and lit II weapon(s). Those updates alone change you from a good toon to a great toon at levels from 11-12 leading up to 20.

I still use my GS hp and conc opp items at level 25. I don't use my GS weapons except in certain situations.

Here are other items reported missing after U17:
--- Bow of Sinew
--- Boots of the Innocent

So don't login with a toon if you have these items on them or any toon if you have them in your bank.

Greensteel Weapons have been eclipsed by new Epic-level weapons, for the most part, though they are incredibly useful for leveling again as a TR. The SP and HP accessories however have not really been replaced. For a caster, one of the most useful things you can make is a Concordant Opposition item, which gives you a chance to regenerate spell points when hit.

While it seems counter-intuitive, the fact is a lone Con-Opp item can give an aggressive caster (like the style I tend to play) essentially free Haste, Rage, and Displacement, while paying for a bit of other stuff. In my Bard's case, it pays for her limited healing spells. Coupled with a Torc from Demon queen (good luck), you basically have infinite spell points with a bit of care.

This style doesn't work well in Epic Elite due to the high incoming damage, and the lack of a means to mitigate it much like a Defender FP melee can.

Another highly useful effect is a 3x Positive item's Raise Dead clicky. At times, being able to raise dead party members can be invaluable. I can recall saving a Hound of Xoriat among other things when the cleric died, and my Ranger was able to keep the (admittedly well built) chew toy alive before digging around and getting out a raise scroll and getting the Cleric up as well.

A third highly useful effect is a side effect of others, and that is up to +6 to CHA-based skills. +6 UMD is HUGE. That is 30% better chance on UMDing a scroll or wand.

There are more effects you can get, like a perm 20% Blur effect, Earthgrab or Air guards, and so forth.

Mirys currently has two GS weapons, a Lightning II Scimitar and a 3x Positive Scimitar, for her next life, and a GS Concordant Opposition HP cloak. Her next item will be a 3xp POS SP Bracers with CHA skills +6, for buffing sp and a UMD boost.

As far as Draconic Incarnation goes, work toward getting Energy Burst in your Savant damage type. Dragon Breath is also good, but very little matches Energy burst. When Aerii was a Water Savant, I would jump into a mob, and hit a cold burst. Even in E-Hards, this would wipe out most anything without evasion.

There's NO WAY I'll be logging into DDO until they fix this lost items issue!! Hopefully someone will post it here.

Question: I've been waiting for Vale to go on sale so I can start getting green steel items…still waiting. In any case are there items better then green steel? I'm actually in EveningStar and trying to get commendations for the War Wizards items. What is better then green steel at my level? Level 20(ready for 21)I chose Draconic Incarnation as my epic destiny…don't yet see any benefits to it. I also chose 1 tier of charisma but it didnt add any SP (total charisma 35). Is there a max for charisma or the more the better?
Pretty much agree with what's been posted. The Eveningstar gear is generally (but not 100%) better than greensteel, but has the high minimum level. If you have no plans to TR ever in a million years, then you can probably skip the Vale. The Vale quests are fairly fun, though (although most of us are a little burned out on them due to running them multiple times on multiple lives of multiple toons). The Shroud is a very fun raid, even after running it upwards of a hundred times (and Peter's probably closer to 1000 than 100), and there's always a PUG available.

I logged into the game since I don't have any toons using robes. I saw that some robes were present in the guild chest, but not accessible other than seeing string error when hovering over it.

That indicates the items in the bank and chests won't be gone, only inaccessible. So let's hope the hotfix will get rid of the string error problem.

I know that some of my items have string error in the reincarnation cache (from an earlier update). The error fixes itself once I put the item in the inventory.

So I think you're probably safe if you have robes in your bank and not put them into your inventory until the hotfix is out.

I don't know what happens to robes already into your inventory or worn. Those might disappear completely.

Based on the thread you posted, there's 3 levels of damnation on the outfits-
1) named outfits (as in, not loot gen) are completely unaffected, lucky you
2) loot gen outfits that are in a bank of some sort are screwed up (string error), but seem likely to be fixed eventually
3) loot gen outfits in regular inventory or equipped appear to be gone, and might prove gone forever.

Also
4) crafted outfits follow the rules for loot gen
5) don't know for sure if the bug happens at login (in which case people that don't log in have nothing to worry about) or if the bug is server-side (in which case patience just delays the agony)

I recommend getting the Vale quests because they give good XP and you eventually get flagged for the Shroud. It's a fun raid to run. Getting GS items is a good way for people to get good loot without having to be lucky on raid loot (like the sword of shadows in Vault of Night 6). What I like about greensteel is that you always get some materials you can use to craft your own item. You craft the abilities YOU want to add to the item and that means you end up with something useful.

To do the crafting you need the mats (small, medium and large) plus shards of power (regular, greater and supreme). A good thing about mats is that they're not bound and you always get some. Other guildies have spare ones as well. Shards are bound to character, but often people put shards up for roll so you should be able to get the shards you need after a few runs.

If you run Shroud 20 times you should be ensured having enough mats to make a tier 3 GS item of your choice. Running e. g. Vault of Night 5-6 20 times doesn't ensure you get the epic Sword of Shadows. You might not even get the regular version and certainly not the scroll, seal and shard you need too.

So going for greensteel items is probably the easiest way to get something really useful.

It's not so hard to get epic items in Eveningstar with commendations. So that is probably the alternative method to get decent gear. Just pick up enough commendations by doing quests and kill rares in the wilderness areas.

7th year "Battle Box" (aka this year's 6 year old cake), take yer pick of:

eternal flask of heroism (rechargeable heroism clickie)
4 sib cakes
25 conc major mnemonic pots (405-600sp)
any +2 tome

7 years already ? Oh, my.

Besides, I still believe that their overlong "maintenance" just wasn't a software thing ... I have the suspicion that they changed the complete hardware - or at least tried that - and that this was the reason why it took so long.
I cannot prove it, however.

I took the eternal flask of heroism for my level 25 that will soon TR to a fighter. He can get good use of the pot at low levels before he can get greater heroism from others.

Back
Top Bottom