Dimiria - A New Singleplayer ARPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dimiria - The Agrarian Falls is a new singleplayer ARPG in development by a studio called
Softnetix. I came across the game yesterday and found it's in the beta stage.

So here is a new video and you can check out the screenshots here.

Dimiria: The Agrarian Falls is a single player, action packed role played game.The game itself is a dark fantasy set in the world of Dimiria, a unique land with adventure and danger hidden behind every corner. Rampant with magic and incredible creatures, "Dimiria: The Agrarian Falls" is a story about the rise of a group of heroes who, together, set out to save the kingdom in the face of dangers.

Players can choose between one of three classes to play, either as the Fighter, Mage or Rogue. Each of these heroes has their own set of specialties and abilities, leading to unique gameplay for each. The playable heroes also have their own beginning stories. A total of eight companions are met through the course of the game. After first meeting these characters, they are available as companions during all subsequent quests, fighting against enemies with you and lending their advice. These companions are each of a different class, making for a wide range of tactical possibilities.

Explore the widely varied terrain of Dimiria, rugged mountains, scorching deserts and hazardous jungles. Embark on an epic quest to save Dimiria from the havoc and destruction that besets the kingdom of Andhere Terrae with a group of loyal friends fend off the invasion of the Hiristian army.
More information.

Thought same old, same old when looking at the demo video. However, it turns out that this is a party game, which makes a big difference IMOP; not sure how many characters you can have in a party at once though. Also the setting looks interesting and magic effects look good and suggest that different spells can be used strategically.

Talking about companions: http://www.dimiria.com/index.php/about-dimiria/companions, they need do something about those ears.

I get the impression this isn't really an ARPG in the strict sense of the word. From a control POV, will probably work a bit more like an MMO.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to see this game. Looks like DAO meet an Hack&Slash.

I'm not sure how to see this game. Looks like DAO meet an Hack&Slash.

It appears that it might work a bit like playing Guild Wars 1 with a team of heroes. i.e. plays in real time and your party can mostly fend for themselves, but you have some control over their positioning and stances. That's a style that I liked, but it probably won't appeal to everyone.

I'm not too confident, looking at the current information, that they will be able to pull this off and the artwork doesn't look very inspired/professional. Maybe we'll just end up with something at about the level of Legends Of Dawn.

Agrarian falls is an odd name and I wonder if the devs actually know what the word agrarian means - not something one would normally see applied to a waterfall. At least, though, they've avoided the totally generic names (Legends, Forge, Dark…) that get inflicted on most RPGs that lack an imaginative writer.

Means probably fetch quests on endless respawns and generic uninspiring story. Not interested.

Looks good to me. Some of the graphics remind me of Kingdoms of Amalur.

Looks good to me. Some of the graphics remind me of Kingdoms of Amalur.
It does Fluent we just have to ignore our resident naysayers in every topic.:)

It's always nice to find games I never knew existed. As I always say more RPGs are welcome there are never enough of them.

It does Fluent we just have to ignore our resident naysayers in every topic.:)

It's always nice to find games I never knew existed. As I always say more RPGs are welcome there are never enough of them.

Well spotted ... I'm always hoping that something really cool will emerge from left field, but it doesn't happen all that often :).

I get the impression this isn't really an ARPG in the strict sense of the word. From a control POV, will probably work a bit more like an MMO.
After looking at the game more I agree. The game uses an engine that was made for MMO's. If the game wasn't described as single player I would think it was one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom