The First Templar - Beta Registration

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Alrik writes about the beta registration for a game we haven't previously covered: The First Templar, by Haemimont Games (Tropico 3, Imperium Romanum). It's described as an "action adventure with roleplaying elements", so I'm not sure how much we'll cover it. It's also designed for co-op, with two characters at all times; seems single players can take control of one or the other or each takes one character in co-op.
I can't find an official site as such but the it was announced in German on the Kalypso forums (screens included) and Gametrailers has a gameplay video.
More information.

I played it at the GamesCom (Kalypso booth), and that version/build was said to me to contain almost no story, few facial animation, almost no UI etc. and it was just the first "playable" built they had - I assume they did it for just having something to show to the visitors of the Kalypso booth.

To me, they said it was an "action oriented RPG", and indeed there were two characters in the small "party". That it is a co-op game is completely new to me. I don't remember being told that at the GamesCom.

The tiny bit that was playable looked fairly grim in terms of colours (muted colours), and it had some religious themes as well (visiting a monk). I think I remember that it is meant to live up to its title - only that the player character spokke of "us templars", so there were somewhere in the backstory more of them, not only "the first" one.

Of course does a game with the term "templar" in its title have religious themes. I wonder why you even mention it. :p

Yes, just to make sure. ;)

Back
Top Bottom