Half-Life 1 remake

I finished it last night. It was an excellent experience from start to finish. I had almost forgotten how epic Half-Life was. Especially compared to the vast majority of FPS crap we get nowadays.

It's not a perfect recreation though. I noticed a few areas on some levels were missing from the original game. I feel the additional details and dialogue were enough to compensate though.

There are other groups working on trying to do the same with HL: Opposing Force and HL: Blue Shift. I hope their efforts are as successful as Black Mesa.

I finished it last night. It was an excellent experience from start to finish. I had almost forgotten how epic Half-Life was. Especially compared to the vast majority of FPS crap we get nowadays.

It's not a perfect recreation though. I noticed a few areas on some levels were missing from the original game. I feel the additional details and dialogue were enough to compensate though.

There are other groups working on trying to do the same with HL: Opposing Force and HL: Blue Shift. I hope their efforts are as successful as Black Mesa.

I agree. This truly proves how fine game HL1 is even by today's standards. Hehe I also felt like I was playing the game first time. Black mesa team really made great job recreating the whole game. I can't wait to see their vision of XEN-levels :)

As for Valve...It just bugs me so much that they're dodging the question constantly. How hard it would be say: "sorry we can't talk about it now, but be assured that freeman's story isn't finished yet."

Where did you guys download this? All the sites I tried (a few days back) from the Black Mesa site's links were REALLY slow.

Why couldn't they remake System Shock instead
Hear, hear!!

I remember trying 5 or 6 different links and one of the links being faster than the others for me. I'm pretty sure it was either GameFront, Atomic Gamer, or GamersHell. Might be affected by your location though.

Back
Top Bottom