The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Last edited:
I put this song up a while back. Now there's a video for it. I think the video compliments the awesome tune very well. Neat video effects. I absolutely love that dive bomb combo at the 3:56 point. Cool guitar work.
"Dream About Me" by The Depreciation Guild

edIT - Certified Air Raid Material

Glitch hop is certainly not everyone's cup of tea (I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't know anything besides this album ;)) and it takes some getting used to, but this is simply one of the most impeccably produced albums I know. If you've got good speakers or headphones — this is bound to test their limits. Turn the volume up a notch.

Here are two examples:

- Battling Go-Go Yubari in Downtown L.A.
- Artsy Remix (feat. The Grouch)

Not bad at all, Ubereil. I definitely prefer the chorus section, but the whole thing is good. It's growing on me, too. The vocals remind me strongly of something from the 80's, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not Kate Bush. Have to ponder that for a bit.

Moonbabies for me today. It appears they replaced the track I wanted when they reissued the cd, so I'll go with the tune that caught my attention in the first place.
"I'm Insane But So Are You" by The Moonbabies

Last edited:
Vocals from the 80's ey? Not sure what that could be. What I'm hearing are the Siouxsie and Björk influences. Maybe the voice can be said to be a mix of those two, if you really want to categorize her. She also cites Steve Reich and Susan Hiller as influences (no idea who either one is) according to Spotify.

Here's another one. I'm getting strong Björk and Siouxsie vibes from it. Is it only the human tendency to categorise things playing tricks with me?

Übereil

In honor of last week's release of 'Miles Davis Complete Columbia Recordings' (a nearly 70CD set) ... I have been going through MY collection year by year ... started with his 1945 sessions with Charlie Parker, and have just made it to his 1949 'Birth of the Cool' CD ... amazing listening in order - takes discipline ...

Vocals from the 80's ey? Not sure what that could be. What I'm hearing are the Siouxsie and Björk influences. Maybe the voice can be said to be a mix of those two, if you really want to categorize her. She also cites Steve Reich and Susan Hiller as influences (no idea who either one is) according to Spotify.

Here's another one. I'm getting strong Björk and Siouxsie vibes from it. Is it only the human tendency to categorise things playing tricks with me?

Übereil
I wasn't thinking of Bjork, but that's a much better signpost. Now that you've mentioned her, I keep flashing back to "Human Behavior" (which, unfortunately, I never really liked, but it made an impression) and it's completely overpowered whatever I did have in my head. Maybe it will come to me some day.

I liked "Daniel" better, BTW, but "Glass" wasn't bad.

For me today, one that will make Alrik happy. This is a great tune. Pretty and delicate, yet with that creepy undercurrent that has caused it to be used in several movies and tv shows.
"Boadicea" by Enya

In honor of last week's release of 'Miles Davis Complete Columbia Recordings' (a nearly 70CD set) … I have been going through MY collection year by year … started with his 1945 sessions with Charlie Parker, and have just made it to his 1949 'Birth of the Cool' CD … amazing listening in order - takes discipline …

Holy crap! A 70 CD set????? Wow.

I have:

- Workin' (1956)
- Steamin' (1956)
- Miles Ahead (1957)
- Porgy and Bess (1958)
- Kind of Blue (1959)
- Sketches of Spain (1960)
- Nefertiti (1967)
- Filles de Kilimanjaro (1969)
- In a Silent Way (1969)
- Bitches Brew (1970)
- A Tribute to Jack Johnson (1970)
- Live-Evil (1971)
- On the Corner (1972)

However, haven't listened to any of it in a while but you got me in the mood! Of course most likely I'm going to start with my faves: Kind Of Blue, In A Silent Way and Bitches Brew. :)

A little ethereal goth for me today. This song is downright EPIC! Beautiful, haunting, and yet crackling with power. Victoria Lloyd has a great voice. The clip has some compression issues that make it sound tinny, but I had a little trouble finding a complete stream.

"Blinking Tears" by Claire Voyant

Some new tunes from an old favorite. TRR has a new release coming out next year. Based on the "pre-hears" (can't really call them previews, can we?), I think they're going to pull off some magic again.

"Inertia" and "Forgotten" by Tears Run Rings

Enjoyed your Clair Voyant and Enya cuts, dte. I always find your taste in music very soothing. I'm sure there's some sort of irony in there somewhere.

One of these days I'm going to have to get an IPod thingy or something....too much music I'm missing.

Back
Top Bottom