Van Helsing II - Preview Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are two more previews based on the beta version of Van Helsing II.

Canadian Online Gamers

All in all the game has never looked better with an incredible level of attention to detail in nearly every department from sound to graphics to gameplay to the writing. There’s a lot for gamers to be excited about. Still though, to keep things in perspective, this is only one part of a much bigger whole so whether or not this level of quality stands the test of a full playthrough is yet to be seen. I’m hopeful of course because what I’ve seen so far is of such a high quality.
Gaming Nexus

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II brought back many of my great memories from the original game, while still feeling as the developers described a "true sequel." I'm especially excited to continue the ever-exciting journey of Van Helsing and Lady Katarina. What impressed me the most was the developer's commitment to selling the game for the same price as the original, but with even more content and a more polished gameplay experience. It was evident from walking through the offices at Neocore Games and speaking with the various staff members that The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II is a labor of love and ultimately they want to deliver a product that includes all of the original game's best elements, yet expands the series in new and exciting paths.
More information.

I've never been a fan of arpgs, and I bought the original one of this game when I was bored and it looked like the best of the worst. I really enjoyed it. It had enough of what I like from traditional rpgs, good story, good progression, and interesting chardev. It had enough to keep me going at a time where I get bored about halfway through of every game I play. I liked it enough to buy the dlc too. I thought the original was so cheap because it was old when I got it, but then I see the price of part 2 and I guess not. It is weird to see a game with such high production value and professionalism released so reasonably priced. I pre-ordered and would have even if it was 40 (but not 60, my days of paying 60 for a game are over when I seem to be able to get so much more for so much less). Anyone know why the pricing is so reasonable? When it seems like they could charge full box price? I have never been a fan of any Diablo and people love that shit so maybe I just have poor taste in arpgs?

I think two reasons dlc and Hungarian. I wish some of these companies would talk profitability so when we have these conversations we would have complete picture. I think big publisher spend too much on advertising and overhead. Would be fun to compare these folks to larian cdprojek triumph and then some large game like skryim and dragon age inq or bio shock inf. When I say compare I mean every penny spent (and where spent ) vs revenue. I suspect some games like thief spend more on trying to figure out what they want to do than other games like this one on the entire game (difference between corporate mandate and folks with an idea)…

BTW grim dawn is another title you might consider. It is more a and
less RPG but only a little.

Last edited:
Anyone know why the pricing is so reasonable? When it seems like they could charge full box price? I have never been a fan of any Diablo and people love that shit so maybe I just have poor taste in arpgs?

I'd love to know this too. My guess is that it's less a question as to why this is so reasonable, and more a question of why so many triple-A titles are so unreasonable. Whether you love it or hate it, I don't think there's anything about Diablo III that makes it worth $60, and what especially rubs me the wrong way is that after as long as the game has been out, it's still full price, probably without a single sale. Their attitude seems to be "we're Blizzard. We don't need to have sales. People can either pay full price for our stuff or be left out." And I'm glad games like Van Helsing and Grim Dawn have filled the ARPG vacuum with lovely games and a sense of "we're gamers too" decency.

And my guess is that you don't have a poor taste in ARPG's...probably the opposite. ^.^

I didn't kickstart Grim Dawn, but I did buy the early access a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom