What games are you playing now?

Currently playing...

World of Warcraft (again... still... until I get pissed again)
EVE Online (space MMO, I'm liking it a lot)

Soon will be jumping into Fury MMO as well.

Darkfall is coming. I have waited since 2001. I am greatly looking forward to it.
Oh man, you're so addicted to that crap it is not even funny ;)

now playing:

Guild Wars. I said I wouldn't touch it again but hubbie bought me Nightfall and with the new heroes it makes life a lot easier. I'm almost at the end of the first campaign now :)

Titan Quest. I like it a lot. Yes, its diablo2 with better graphics and physics, but that is what makes it so enjoyable for me. I tried a ranger first, but got fed up with running after my pets so now I've made a Pyromancer that blows up things. Great stuff :)

On the DS I am playing (don't laugh) Pokemon. My 7-year old has been madly into the game since it came out and some of her enthousiasm must have rubbed off because I bought my own copy. Once you get over the fact that you are playing a 10 (?) year old who got happily sent out into the world on her own by her mother (bad mom!) and the fact that you are keeping little living sentient beings in tiny balls only to come out and fight each other until on of them loses conciousness, it is actually a great turn based RPG.
I find it harder then my daughter since she watches the cartoons and so understand the rock-paper-scissors system (with 12 rather then 3 elements) a lot better then I, but I've got my second badge :p

Guild Wars. I said I wouldn't touch it again but hubbie bought me Nightfall and with the new heroes it makes life a lot easier. I'm almost at the end of the first campaign now :)
Hi Sorcha! Great to see you back! Of course, now you're hubby can get you the 'Eye of the North' pack and keep you addicted :D

On the DS I am playing (don't laugh) Pokemon.

Diamond or Pearl? I won Pearl on a Goozex contest and played a bit, but never got into it like my kids did themselves or would have liked me to (one has Diamond and the other has Pearl).

Hi Mike!
yeah, I think his ultimate master-plan is to get me GW:EN, he's been tempting me with screen shots of the cute little spectacles you can buy as head gear for you characters anyway :p

I have Diamond, my daughter has Pearl. At least now I can brag I got a Diamond for my birthday :p
I find it entertaining, admittedly it isn't very deep story-wise or anything, but it's great to pick up and play for 15-30 minutes, since the battles are short and there is something addictive about collecting the different pokemon and evolving them :)

I played the old Pokemon when I was 11-13 yrs old. The Red and Blue games. After that I wasn't really interested in the game anymore, since I got Gothic :) which had a better story, choices and consequences and very interesting NPCs...

I didn't like the cartoons either, except for the first season.

Hi Sorcha-nice new avatar. Always enjoy hearing from another TQ player, too. I enjoyed my pyromancer a lot--you almost don't need a second mastery with that build, but I think I picked spirit for ternion attack. Fire- roasting the boars all over ancient Greece was quite fun. :)

I've been playing Vampire:The Masquerade:Redemption, a game I've received on loan from a friend, and otherwise would never have picked up, and I'm really really enjoying it. The voice acting is excellent-(-I think it may be what got me hooked, hearing Christof's voice...actually sounds like a real person), the story is fascinating since I know nothing about the White Wolf pnp games, and the graphics, occasional cinematic, controls and camera positioning are all surprisingly good for an older game.

I'm a bit stuck at the first boss fight (Mercurio) atm though. The dude is tough.

I don't remember any Pokemon game here ... Is it for handhelds or for a PC ?

I don't remember any Pokemon game here ... Is it for handhelds or for a PC ?

The best Pokemon games are all for Nintendo handhelds - GameBoy, GBA and now DS. The new DS games have sold about 10 million copies in the past several months ... and to put it in context, that is more than *any* Final Fantasy game, 1.5million more than Halo 2, and so on ... despite being out 3 months in EU, 6 months in US and <9 months in Japan ...

Wow ! That's a high number !

pokemon and sims..those games sell millions silently :).

"Spent the mawwwwnin jawwwwin with that Kraut scientist."

That's nice, but could you dial the accent back a notch or twelve?

"Sheee's damaged goods, awwlright."

Please?

"Just like awwwwll-"

Now?

Last edited:
Found one part of the the HOMM Chronicles last sunday on a flea market for 1 Euro ... There is a menu option I just don't quite understand ... Is it possible to play the earlier chapters from within that single game ???

Not familiar with that title, Alrik. There were some stand alone campaigns published for HoMM3 where you could only play as one hero type-- like barbarian or necromancer-- (through a campaign of several episodes) but had no access to the main game; is that what you mean?

yeah there was some really draculean jump-grapple-jump at a weird camera angle parts that made me just want to get the game done and off my system. I know that's not a real word, but "draculean" is one of those little self made words that in my mind I was using as I died for the twentieth or so time.

I think it' fairly easy to decipher ='.'=

Marvelous looking game, and I cant say I didnt have fun with it, but it sure was a cruel mofo at times. Poor Lara, I shall never get her death cries out of my head. I got this shot towards the end that I'm using for desktop wallpaper

Just like comfort food for the mind, I settled into a good old fashioned game of Dungeon Keeper for a while today.

Last edited:
yeah there was some really draculean jump-grapple-jump at a weird camera angle parts that made me just want to get the game done and off my system. I know that's not a real word, but "draculean" is one of those little self made words that in my mind I was using as I died for the twentieth or so time.

It was frustrating, but I haven't found anything as frustrating as the part in Legacy of Kain Defiance where you have to climb Kain up that spiral "staircase" made out of levitating stones. There was enough space between the stones to easily fall, and the camera angle made sure that you would fall 90% of the time.

In a crazy sort of masochistic way, I almost feel like re-installing it and seeing what the later parts of the game did for my skillz. You know, do the time trials and get all the items and truly master the game. Well, almost feel like doing that ='.'=
If I didnt have other games, and I already didnt have premature grey hair coming in, I'd do it. I ordered TR II and III used this weekend, I already have part 1 and chronicles, I plan on running thru TR series in it's entirety.

Still playing DK, that's another one I'm going thru all the way again. This time I'm going to do the Deeper Dungeons expansion, never went thru that before

Back
Top Bottom