Dark Souls II - New Trailer & Screenshots

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Namco Bandai released a new cinematic trailer for Dark Souls II called Longing. So no spoilers this time just CGI if your interested in watching it of course.

Don't miss the hardest game you'll ever love. Explore a vast breathtaking world filled with mythical monsters & murderous bosses. It's about the journey, not the destination.
Also Softpedia has posted some new PC screenshots.

There has been some talk regarding a rumored drop in visual quality for the PC version of Bandai Namco's action role-playing game, in order to make it look on par with the PlayStation and Xbox 360 versions.

Disturbing as the rumors might have been, they were apparently unfounded, as Bandai Namco has released a bunch of screenshots from the PC version of Dark Souls 2, showing a beautifully detailed world with some impressive effects.
More information.

On 360 it took me ages to find the Brotherhood of Blood.... But now that I know the way... You're already dead!

There were very, very few low level invasions on 360. I imagine low level on PC will be much more interesting because of people like me. :p

Dammit, preloaded and I am no way near finished with MMX. Just 2 days… :(

P.S. If anyone is interested, Durante posted part 2 of his DS2 guide. Methinks I'll be adding some SGSSAA and HBAO+ to my 1620p :)
(as long as my GTX780 can sustain a decent framerate ;) I hope I can do some AA at least…)

Is the only way to get this game on disc to buy the Collector's Edition. I've looked around on the net and that seems to be the case.

It does look pretty basic but might not be all that bad when blending in to the overall scene (i.e. not showcased like in that gif). HBAO+ from the inspector seems like the obvious choice if your card can handle it (a lot of modern cards should if you don't downsample). Unfortunately Durante was saying that it messes up with some UI elements so I'll have to see how they both feel in game.

Is the only way to get this game on disc to buy the Collector's Edition. I've looked around on the net and that seems to be the case.

For the EU you could preorder the Black Armour edition too (ofcourse that one has run out quite awhile ago afaik) in the states I believe only CE was available (?)

Well, its out in sunny japan ;) (not recommended for those not playing offline like me).
Steady 60 FPS Dsampled and tweaked. Looking very nice indeed :)

So far so good...

Steam says 5 hrs yet for me in minnesota. Which is fine I won't be home till 6-7 anyhow.

P.S. Durante's sweetFX profile recommended if you find the Dungeons too bright.
wth were they thinking :S

Yep they are fine. I do have to put in-game sensitivity to zero for my mouse settings though.

Edit: One relatively minor issue with the controls: Its pretty difficult to pull off the guard break and jump attack moves with the mouse. That is easily solvable though by using the keyboard for those two. i.e I have my right weapon mapped to the left mouse button (single and double-click) and also the standard attack to "T" and Strong attack to "G" so Guard break= "W"+"T" and jump attack = "W"+"G". Other than that everything else is perfectly smooth in my setup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom