The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

You guys are too funny. Actually I just recently found out that if you hit the dummy until all HP is gone you get another buff...I NEVER knew about that!

That's because you're still looting the chests at the end by the time I've finished buffing and made it to the next quest! :D

In that regard he is no better than me ! ;) :lol:

@jm : Thank you ! :)

You guys are too funny. Actually I just recently found out that if you hit the dummy until all HP is gone you get another buff…I NEVER knew about that!

You do ? O_O

Well, that's entirely new to me ! O_O

Uh. It seems I've entirely missed to post the last discounts that were valid until today.

In short : The new discounts (valid from tomorrow on) contain crafting stuff (inclusive Shroud crafting stuff), there's a "temporary re-release" of some Creature Companions, and the "Free Item Of The Week" is - from tomorrow on - this :

January 18 - 24
Midwinter Spirit Token x5
Use Coupon Code MWST05
1/Account

The current sale can be reviewed here : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

About the Creature Companions : http://www.ddo.com/de/ddostorecreaturecompanions

A new discount when you spend Turbine Points : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoredetermineyourdiscount

http://shamusyoung.mu.nu/images/comic_lotr48.jpg

There is news for U17.

1 - We are returning to Gianthold. Flagging will be changed to Cabal for One instead of Crucible for some reason, and new rares will be found outside. New named items will be found as well.

This will be an epic version of Gianthold, not heroic. Reaver's Fate gear is getting new, upgraded versions. All quests, walkups included, are getting Epic versions. Tor also apparently has a new area.

2 - Both Epic and Guild Augment slots are going bye-bye. In their place are generic augment slots, designed much like the current Epic ones, of various colors. The whole list of augments, and which colors they slot in, is too long to post. But, you can slot up to +6 of any stat, 114 spell power for a single damage type, various levels of false life, up to a D10 in additional damage, and more. This will make gear both more powerful, and more customizable, while letting us work in things that currently we cannot. On the bad side, we get to regear. Again.

3 - Many named items from various packs has been altered. Mostly, it looks like they got slots. Some have been upgraded though.

These will appear on loot-gen as well as being retro-fitted to most non-raid loot from most packs. The only raid getting upgraded loot is Tempest Spine.

4 - C is for cookie. That is good enough for me.

Also: Cleric Domains. That is all.

Last edited:
Will GH be both Heroic and Epic, or just Epic? I'd hate that, as we need GH XP for our mid-high level toons, especially TR's.

It's just getting an Epic version of the existing quests, with new loot and rares and such. The old Heroic level GH will remain as always. Though I'm not certain that the flagging change will apply for Heroic as well, nor if there's Heroic-level versions of the new gear. Everyone on Lam is testing the epic level versions.

Unfortunately, the DDO forums are down, so I can't check for new info or ask.

They have only talked about another update and the forums died asking for mercy..... ;)
It always sounds good but what will they break this time?

This the exact wording in the U17 release notes:

Raid and quest flagging mechanics have been changed for heroic and epic versions of Gianthold. You must now complete the following quests for raid flagging:
* Cabal for One
* Prison of the Planes
* Madstone Crater

You no longer need to turn in relics as part of quest progression. Relics can now be used instead to barter with NPCs for new treasure.

Players who have not previously completed Cabal for One may need to run this quest before they can play the raid, even if they were previously raid flagged.

I think this makes it obvious you will have both heroic and epic versions. The flagging will apply to both version (i. e. swapping out Crucible for Cabal for One).

Also interesting is that we don't need to collect relics to get flagged.

Everyone on Lam is testing the epic level versions.

I fear that this way "Heroic Bugs" will remain unnoticed, if they exist.

OK, tonight's entertainment…

First off, did Team Three Men and a Lady ever get a chance to do the last quest in Lordsmarch2? JM, Az, and I managed to knock out the whole chain with our Friday toons last week. I've got Klubbir needing just that final quest in the chain as well, so I'm willing to fill in if needed.

Once that is resolved, I believe we're off to Gianthold. Outdoors and walkups. I'm thinking we save Mired in Kobolds as a catchup area for the folks needing extra XP.

Looking forward…
Hopefully we can all qualify for level 16 off the GH walkups. For lvl14 quests, we've got the GH flags , GH pre-raid, and Necro4. Kinda thin (particularly if we need some of the GH flags to qualify for 16), but maybe enough to get the level by running them all. It's lvl15 quests where we're screwed- Harbinger1 chain and a couple 12 house quests is the sum total. We'll probably just have to go into the lvl16 stuff (Vale, Eveningstar bridge chain) under level for elite. We've run that stuff enough that it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Last edited:
No, as far as I know none of us have completed the final part of L2. We might have time to do it before our regular start time if everyone is on early. I can be.

I can be in early. If we don't get it done guess we go back and do it later if we have to.

Augment slots will be introduced on some new named items, and randomly generated items have a 5% chance of having an augment slot.

Augment Slots will appear in one of seven different colors:
Colorless Augment Slots can only hold Colorless Augments. Colorless Augment Slots can be found in any type of item.
Red Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Red Augments. Red Augment Slots can only be found on Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items.
Blue Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Blue Augments. Blue Augment Slots can only be found in Armor, Robes, Outfits, Shields, or other off-hand items.
Yellow Augment Slots can hold Colorless or Yellow Augments. Yellow Augment Slots can only be found on Accessory items. (Ring, Neck, Boots, Belt, Gloves, Eyewear, Helmet, Bracers, Cloak, Trinket)
Purple Augment Slots can hold Colorless, Blue, or Red Augments. Purple Augment Slots can only be found on named Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items.
Orange Augment Slots can hold Colorless, Red, or Yellow Augments. Orange Augment Slots can only be found on named Weapons, Shields, or other hand-held items.
Green Augment Slots can hold Colorless, Blue, or Yellow Augments. Green Augment Slots can only be found on named Armor, Robes, Outfits, or Accessory items.
This system will replace the two existing augment systems- Epic Augments, and Guild Augments. Existing guild augment slots and the guild augment vendors will remain, but new items won’t have guild augment slots after Update 17.

The Mechanics of Augmentation:

To use an Augment, double-click on it from your inventory.
Then, a barter-shop style window specific to that augment will appear on screen.

Place the item you want to augment (which needs to have an appropriate slot), select the slot to place the augment in, and hit the “Augment!” button. (You need to select the recipe even if there’s only one slot available.)

Your item gains that Augment's effect.

At any point, you can replace the augment you have slotted by placing a new one in the same slot. New augments overwrite old augments, and you don’t get the old augment back.

Every augment has an associated level requirement to use it. The common (non-named) augments move up in increments of 4 levels at a time: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, and 24.
Slotting any augment also increases the slotted item’s minimum level to the level of the slotted augment for as long as that augment is slotted, unless the item’s minimum level is already equal or higher.

Acquiring Augments

Augments are unbound and can be found 5% of the time from treasure chests.
Lahar the Epic Trader in the Twelve sells some augments. Their costs in Epic Dungeon and Epic Raid tokens are lower than their previous costs.

Level 12, 16, 20, and 24 Augments will be found in the Ruins of Gianthold in exchange for Ancient Elven, Giant, and Dragon relics, and the epic versions thereof.

Augment Slots will be found…
• On many named items.
• In random treasure.
• They are compatible with Cannith Crafting.

When found on a lootgen (random) item, the augment slot replaces some of the value that the item would have otherwise had in the power of its Enhancement Bonus, prefix, or suffix.

5% of generated items have an Augment Slot.

Colorless Augment Slots take +1 of the item’s total enhancement value.
Red, Blue, and Yellow Augment Slots take +2 of the item’s total enhancement value.
Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slots cannot be found on random treasure. They are found on named treasure only.

Augments and Augment Slots are fully compatible with Cannith Crafting. Augment Slots and slotted augments persist through disjunction.

When on a Craftable item, a Colorless Augment Slot adds +1 to the item’s total enhancement value. Red, Blue and Yellow slots add +2 to the item’s total enhancement value, and a Purple, Orange, and Green Augment Slot (if at some point they are available on an item which can be made Craftable) would add +3 to the item’s total enhancement value.

What about old Epic augments?

We have decided the best way to make the transition to the new style of slots is to allow everyone to do it at their own pace.

Please keep in mind that the old style Epic Augment Crystals will no longer be available after Update 17, and they do not function in the new slots.

To convert an old Epic item to use the new slots, place the item you would like to convert into the Altar of Epic Rituals along with 50 Siberys Dragonshard Fragments. This performs the “Cleansing Ritual”, which updates items to the new Augment Slots.

This converts the augment slots on the item to the new system. They retain their colors and can accept the new augments, but can no longer use Epic Augment Crystals from before Update 17. This process will remove all currently slotted Epic Augments in the item, and may also remove other modifications, such as Stone of Change recipes.

You aren’t forced to update old Epic items. If you are happy with your current item, you do not need to use the Cleansing Ritual to update your item.

Available Augments:

Please note the following:
• Most augment bonuses, unless otherwise specified, are an Enhancement Bonus.
• Spell Power Augments are an Equipment Bonus.
• There are also special augments found as named items and raid treasure which are not on the list below.

The below listed Augments are implemented with the introduction of the Augment system and can be found in level-appropriate random treasure.
Update 17 also introduces the first three “Named” Augments, which drop in specific locations inside certain quests. Named Augments can do special and wondrous things.

New Augments will continue to be added in future updates. For example: Colorless augments that provide bonuses to Skills are currently planned as a future update to this system.
Code:
Colorless Augments:

No Minimum Level:
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+1 Constitution
+1 Intelligence
+1 Wisdom
+1 Charisma

Minimum Level 4:
+2 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+2 Constitution
+2 Intelligence
+2 Wisdom
+2 Charisma

Minimum Level 8:
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Constitution
+3 Intelligence
+3 Wisdom
+3 Charisma

Minimum Level 12:
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Constitution
+4 Intelligence
+4 Wisdom
+4 Charisma

Minimum Level 16:
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Constitution
+5 Intelligence
+5 Wisdom
+5 Charisma

Minimum Level 20:
+6 Strength
+6 Dexterity
+6 Constitution
+6 Intelligence
+6 Wisdom
+6 Charisma
+1 Exceptional bonus to Strength
+1 Exceptional bonus to Dexterity
+1 Exceptional bonus to Constitution
+1 Exceptional bonus to Intelligence
+1 Exceptional bonus to Wisdom
+1 Exceptional bonus to Charisma

Minimum Level 24:
+7 Strength
+7 Dexterity
+7 Constitution
+7 Intelligence
+7 Wisdom
+7 Charisma
+2 Insight bonus to Strength
+2 Insight bonus to Dexterity
+2 Insight bonus to Constitution
+2 Insight bonus to Intelligence
+2 Insight bonus to Wisdom
+2 Insight bonus to Charisma

Red Augments:

No minimum level:
+1 Fire Damage on Hit
+1 Cold Damage on Hit
+1 Acid Damage on Hit
+1 Electric Damage on Hit
+30 Fire Spell Power
+30 Cold Spell Power
+30 Acid Spell Power
+30 Electric Spell Power
+30 Sonic Spell Power
+30 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+30 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+30 Negative Spell Power
+30 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+30 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Minimum Level 4:
+1d2 Fire Damage on Hit
+1d2 Cold Damage on Hit
+1d2 Acid Damage on Hit
+1d2 Electric Damage on Hit
+42 Fire Spell Power
+42 Cold Spell Power
+42 Acid Spell Power
+42 Electric Spell Power
+42 Sonic Spell Power
+42 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+42 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+42 Negative Spell Power
+42 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+42 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Minimum Level 8:
+1d3 Fire Damage on Hit
+1d3 Cold Damage on Hit
+1d3 Acid Damage on Hit
+1d3 Electric Damage on Hit
Byeshk Damage Flag
Law Damage Flag
Chaos Damage Flag
Evil Damage Flag
+54 Fire Spell Power
+54 Cold Spell Power
+54 Acid Spell Power
+54 Electric Spell Power
+54 Sonic Spell Power
+54 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+54 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+54 Negative Spell Power
+54 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+54 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Minimum Level 12:
+1d4 Fire Damage on Hit
+1d4 Cold Damage on Hit
+1d4 Acid Damage on Hit
+1d4 Electric Damage on Hit
Good Damage Flag
Adamantine Damage Flag
+66 Fire Spell Power
+66 Cold Spell Power
+66 Acid Spell Power
+66 Electric Spell Power
+66 Sonic Spell Power
+66 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+66 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+66 Negative Spell Power
+66 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+66 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Minimum Level 16:
+1d6 Fire Damage on Hit
+1d6 Cold Damage on Hit
+1d6 Acid Damage on Hit
+1d6 Electric Damage on Hit
Cold Iron Damage Flag
Alchemical Silver Damage Flag
+78 Fire Spell Power
+78 Cold Spell Power
+78 Acid Spell Power
+78 Electric Spell Power
+78 Sonic Spell Power
+78 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+78 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+78 Negative Spell Power
+78 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+78 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Minimum Level 20:
+1d8 Fire Damage on Hit
+1d8 Cold Damage on Hit
+1d8 Acid Damage on Hit
+1d8 Electric Damage on Hit
+90 Fire Spell Power
+90 Cold Spell Power
+90 Acid Spell Power
+90 Electric Spell Power
+90 Sonic Spell Power
+90 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+90 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+90 Negative Spell Power
+90 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+90 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Minimum Level 24:
+1d10 Fire Damage on Hit
+1d10 Cold Damage on Hit
+1d10 Acid Damage on Hit
+1d10 Electric Damage on Hit
+114 Fire Spell Power
+114 Cold Spell Power
+114 Acid Spell Power
+114 Electric Spell Power
+114 Sonic Spell Power
+114 Force/Untyped Spell Power
+114 Light/Alignment Spell Power
+114 Negative Spell Power
+114 Positive/Healing Spell Power
+114 Repair/Rust Spell Power

Blue Augments:

No minimum level:
+1 Natural Armor
+1 Protection
+1 Resistance
+2 Physical Resistance Rating
Light Fortification
+5 Hit Points

Minimum Level 4:
+2 Natural Armor
+2 Protection
+2 Resistance
+4 Physical Resistance Rating
Moderate Fortification
+10 Hit Points

Minimum Level 8:
+3 Natural Armor
+3 Protection
+3 Resistance
+6 Physical Resistance Rating
Heavy Fortification
+15 Hit Points

Minimum Level 12:
+4 Natural Armor
+4 Protection
+4 Resistance
+8 Physical Resistance Rating
Good Luck +1
+1 Armor Max Dex Bonus
-5% Arcane Spell Failure
+20 Hit Points

Minimum Level 16:
+5 Natural Armor
+5 Protection
+5 Resistance
+10 Physical Resistance Rating
-10% Arcane Spell Failure
+25 Hit Points

Minimum Level 20:
+6 Natural Armor
+6 Protection
+6 Resistance
+12 Physical Resistance Rating
Good Luck +2
-15% Arcane Spell Failure
+2 Armor Max Dex Bonus
+30 Hit Points

Minimum Level 24:
+7 Natural Armor
+7 Protection
+7 Resistance
+14 Physical Resistance Rating
+35 Hit Points

Yellow Augments:

No minimum level:
+5 Fire Resistance
+5 Cold Resistance
+5 Acid Resistance
+5 Electric Resistance
+5 Sonic Resistance
+10 Spell Points
Striding 5%

Minimum Level 4:
+10 Fire Resistance
+10 Cold Resistance
+10 Acid Resistance
+10 Electric Resistance
+10 Sonic Resistance
+25 Spell Points
Underwater Action
Feather Falling
Proof Against Poison +2
Proof Against Disease +2
Striding 10%

Minimum Level 8:
+15 Fire Resistance
+15 Cold Resistance
+15 Acid Resistance
+15 Electric Resistance
+15 Sonic Resistance
+50 Spell Points
Proof Against Poison +4
Proof Against Disease +4
Blindness Immunity
Fear Immunity
Striding 15%

Minimum Level 12:
+20 Fire Resistance
+20 Cold Resistance
+20 Acid Resistance
+20 Electric Resistance
+20 Sonic Resistance
+75 Spell Points
Proof Against Poison +6
Proof Against Disease +6
Deathblock
Striding 20%

Minimum Level 16:
+25 Fire Resistance
+25 Cold Resistance
+25 Acid Resistance
+25 Electric Resistance
+25 Sonic Resistance
+100 Spell Points
Spell Focus: Evocation
Spell Focus: Illusion
Spell Focus: Necromancy
Spell Focus: Abjuration
Spell Focus: Enchantment
Spell Focus: Transmutation
Spell Focus: Conjuration
Proof Against Poison +8
Proof Against Disease +8
Striding 25%

Minimum Level 20:
+30 Fire Resistance
+30 Cold Resistance
+30 Acid Resistance
+30 Electric Resistance
+30 Sonic Resistance
+150 Spell Points
Proof Against Poison +10
Proof Against Disease +10
Striding 30%

Minimum Level 24:
+35 Fire Resistance
+35 Cold Resistance
+35 Acid Resistance
+35 Electric Resistance
+35 Sonic Resistance
+200 Spell Points
Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
Greater Spell Focus: Illusion
Greater Spell Focus: Necromancy
Greater Spell Focus: Abjuration
Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
Greater Spell Focus: Transmutation
Greater Spell Focus: Conjuration

A bit of a thread-jack, but is there anyone with a character who has the Cursed Crypt flagged in Necropolis? It's the third part of it.

I have done three of the four tombs of part 3 to unlock the Cursed Crypt and wiki suggests having a character forever flagged to open the Crypt for friends/guildmates to run in and get the upgrade from Altar. And thus, bypassing the disgusting rat maze and the other three tombs.

Since I still have one more tomb to do before the crypt is unlocked for me, I should turn the order around with some help. Someone open the Crypt, I run in and get my upgrade, finish the last tomb, flag myself for the Crypt and never look back.

So anyone?

Sorry, but I hate that series and never keep a flagged character for necro3.

Unfortunately, most of us tend to run Cursed as soon as we've flagged. Because, like anyone not masochistic, we all hate Tomb of the Tormented.

Good news though, Cursed Crypt isn't much better than Tormented. I'd actually rate it worse.

Back
Top Bottom