RPGWatch Feature: Two Worlds Interview, Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
We speak to Reality Pump about Two Worlds - their upcoming action/RPG, which features a huge, open gameworld. Can Two Worlds be the next Oblivion? Here's a snip:
Two Worlds features a vast terrain (about 30 square kilometres) open for free exploration. Several big cities, numerous villages, settlements, ruins, keeps and fortresses are scattered over thematically varying areas. You will visit high, snow-covered mountains in the north, dwarven foothills, green plains, rocky mountains in the south, desolated lands in the east and a big part of the desert. Architecture changes from area to area, and so do your opponents. Moreover, there are about 50 Dungeons.
Read Part 1 here and watch for Part 2 as soon as we receive the remaining answers from Reality Pump.
More information.

A great interview, though I'll be more interested in part 2!! However, my one concern (common to several Euro games where English is NOT the main language) is will the translation used in the game, show a better/higher standard of English than is displayed in the interview?

Sounds a bit like Gothic to me. For example: "every NPC is managed with the same, global AI module." -- definitely like Gothic. Unfortunately, it's developed for Xbox too, so it'll probably be more Oblivion-like. Still, hopefuly they won't have scaling.

I'm looking forward to it, in any case.

Great work, I didn't know too much about this but with an April release could be very exciting.
Wouldn't it be nice just to have a decent RPG mostly finished for once? :)

If they deliver what they promise, we will finaly have something that can compete with the gothic Universe.
Or at least for us that rank gothic real high and as an sort of standard.
They seem to have it all. I so hope they can deliver and that I can play it on my pc then :D

Sounds worth keeping an eye on and due out in only a few months!!! I just hope it's not buggy as hell.

Most of their answers sound like standard PR stuff, though. For once I would like a developer not describing their upcoming game with words like "vastly rich in variety," "exploring a huge world," "dynamic and sophisticated battle system," "astounding degree of 'freedom of decision'," "absolutely top-class RPG experience"... I know it's his job to do so, but really it tells me nothing.

Looks are similar, but it'll only manage to be the next Oblivion if it provides as good out of box polish and stability, something other RPGs seem to have forgotten recently. :p

I liked what I read, and hope they can manage to accomplish all they are setting out to do!

Am I reading this correctly?
In the right hand column under "Information About" in both catagories I see Platform xbox 360 nothing about PC, is this just an ommision in the Information About section?

cholera jasna, wreszcie :)

Looking forward to this one, definitely sounds like it'll play like Gothic, but looks way better then Oblivion even. Should be interesting.

The "semi-automatic" combat sounds pretty lame. Does part two of the interview talk about that system?

The "semi-automatic" combat sounds pretty lame. Does part two of the interview talk about that system?

Dhruin had talked about that in another thread (where I asked the same basic question). I think that the simple 'half-automatic' doesn't translate well.

The "half-automatic" combat turns out to be quite straight-forward; they just chose some rather awkward terminology. It means realtime combat based on a mix of player skill and character stats (half based on stats = "half-automatic"). I'm not sure where the line is but it might be something like Bloodlines where "to hit" was still stat based, as opposed to Oblivion, which is a little more weighted to player positioning.

@Corwin, regarding language issues, they asked me to say the translations will be done by native English speakers (as opposed to Poles who speak English, I presume), so they are apparently taking it as a serious issue. Time will tell how successful they are.

@ToddMcF2002, yes, I asked directly about combat and the "half-automatic" description. I don't have the remaining answers yet, so I can't say exactly how detailed the answers will be. :)

Isn't this game where a full plated badass knight is doing karate kicks? And Xbox?
Holy shit, this has Oblivion written all over. Funny thing is, this game will be almost a carbon copy of Ob but it's gonna get slammed hard for all the shortcomings instead of all the praises Ob somehow received.

Hey, User, don't pre-judge a game before it's even released. If you're correct, no-one will buy it anyway, but if you're wrong, YOU end up looking foolish!!

Thanks Dhruin, sounds like they understand that poor translations are a real turnoff for many people. They can destroy a game for me; I want to stop playing and fix up the errors!! :)

From the looks of it, I see no reason to play this game over Oblivion. I doubt the graphical system is as developed as Oblivion's. The global AI system sounds similar to Oblivion's too, though less detailed or in depth. It could just be the briefness of this interview though.

The story does seem interesting, but there are too many "what abouts". Like the combat system, skill system, etc. Anyways, it does sound like it has some promise, but I agree that it seems too much like Oblivion, though not any better in any particular area. And it's a year after Oblivion came out. That alone doesn't bade well for this game. I'm all for new RPGs to play, but when it seems just like the last cool RPG, minus some extras/polish, I don't have much of an urge to play this.

Hopefully part 2 of the interview sheds more light into the game.

Me, looking foolish? A guy who joined a rpg gaming forum, the pinnacle of geekdom? Thanks for caring my reputation though. I just can't take a crpg company seriously when they have a full metal armoured knight doing 360 degree round kick just because it looks "cool".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom