Things you don't need to know...

Every time William F. Fitzgerald was appointed to the bench it was to replace another judge who had died. It happened 3 times. And nobody got suspicious??????

pibbur who realizes he needs to find out what this gangam is about. For some reason he's reminded of the Macarena again and again. Or the hamster dance, Or Friday. Or what Fred said, right? Or the mmmbop. Or the one by Las Ketchup. Or what Cher wants us to belieieieieve.

Or James Blunt.

Todays picture on Wikipedia is ofa Norwegian train. On the way to (or from) the town Bodø just north of the arctic circle. In winter.

pibbur who has travelled on this particular train several times. And therefore is very proud. For which there actually is no rational reason. Silly pibbur.

Some years ago, when Stephen Hawking was giving a lecture in Japan, he was asked not to talk about the end of the universe. The reason? They feared it might affect the japanese stock market. In a comment he said he thought it was a bit early to start selling stocks.

pibbur who heard him say this on a Discovery Channel program, so he assumes it's true. And who doesn't have any stocks - although it might be a good idea to buy stocks whenever mr. Hawking is giving a speech.

I often mix Stephen Hawking with Stephen King.

There is a town in Texas called "Humble", from which "Humble Oil and Drilling Company" got its name.

pibbur who found this very 'eavy.

… 2 pieces of information which you actually may need to know if you ever consider visiting North Korea.

1. The Ryu-Gyong Hotel is described by sources (probably) outside the North Korean government, as the "Hotel of Doom", similar to the "calcium deposit on the neck of Kim Il-sung" (usually hidden from the public, but visible here) and in general the worst building in the World.

2. The North Korean government knows how to use Photoshop. Or the Gimp. Or something similar. Microsoft Paint?

pibbur who wonders what version of Doom the above mentioned qualification refers to. And who can think of several buildings he would list as a better candidate for the worst building rating. But who bows to the all knowing Wikipedia.

Last edited:
… in 1958 an australian arrived in Montreal and became the first to complete an around the world trip in an amphibious vehicle (a modded Jeep)

pibbur who wonders if he met any sharks or other fiercely lethal creatures on his way.

Not sure if they actually have sharks in Montreal, at least of the animal variety!! :)

…the SoundHound mobile app can recognise a song even from a badly hummed version.

pibbur who now, with satisfaction, knows that his singing is on average at least as good as bad humming. He got both the Beatles tunes and the one by Genesis right. Same with "Owner of a Lonely Heart" (Yes), but his interpretation of "The Trial" by Pink Floyd left something to be desired. And who is a bit worried because his rendering of "21st Century Schizoid Man" apparently sounds exactly like George Michael's yeeeechy "Amazing" which he refuses to provide a link to.

Last edited:
... That 50 years ago the very first James Bond movie started ... As thus, I present here the "Brian Song" by Monty Python, which sounds astonishingly similar to a contemporary James Bond Title Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWjf9DhlnA (Warning ! : It probably has an advertising video before the real video - at least in my case it had !)

… That 50 years ago the very first James Bond movie started … As thus, I present here the "Brian Song" by Monty Python, which sounds astonishingly similar to a contemporary James Bond Title Song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWjf9DhlnA (Warning ! : It probably has an advertising video before the real video - at least in my case it had !)

Obviously a bad singer as soundhound did not recognize the song.

pibbur who observes that the dog recognizes both his and Jimi Hendrix performance of the Star Spangled Banner.

Not sure if they actually have sharks in Montreal, at least of the animal variety!! :)

How do you know? Ever been to Montreal? There are dangerous beasts outside Australia, you know.

pibbur who tries (desperately) to find dangerous beasts outside the down under. From a distance.

Last edited:
Yes, I have been to Montreal, but didn't care for the place at all!!

... the 13th-century Treatise by Walter of Bibbesworth is one of the earliest books explicitly intended for children to hear and read. Not important, but IMNSHO quite interesting.

pibbur who may have a little black books with poems in. And who has just attended Brit Floyd singing about it.

YAY+1

.. since it's about cricket, I didn't bother finding out what this is, but: Anil Kumble took the most economical five-wicket haul of the Indian Premier League in the 2009 season, and won the "Best breakthrough performance" award for it

Now for something completely different which I don't what is either, except that it looks a bit yeeeechy: Alvin Leung serves an edible condom at his Hong Kong-based restaurant, Bo Innovation

pibbur who is sure that Corwin will come up with an accurate, but useless (and therefore excactly what this thread is about) explanation about the cricket part.

Back
Top Bottom