What games are you playing now?

I started replaying Portal again last night, just as a quick and fun diversion.

I've been getting the Morrowind itch again lately, just as my sporadic last game finally trailed off. If I can't shake the feeling off, I might have to look into the adventures of Thingummy Wossname, khajiit mage.

Playing EU IV mostly but beside that I started playing Darwinia again.This game has some historic significance because it was most successful indie game at the time which drove more attention of mainstream media and audience to indie scene, it also first game that implemented fully free camera.
Game still feels unique and gameplay is still addictive, GoG version has different interface that original units are simply summoned by clicking their icons in task manager and weapons are changed by clicking icons next to active units, no need to draw symbols anymore which was impractical.Game is cheap on GoG but I doubt it will have as impression as back then because there there are bunch of unique weird indies on market today.

Playing Enslaved - Odyssey to the West. What a nice surprise this is. Its been in my to be played stack for quite a while and am very glad I finally started it. Post Apocalypse kinda with good fighting and a nice story.

Finished Enslaved (great action adventure game) and am now playing BioShock 2. BioShock 2 is just soooo slow.

Anno 2070 simply blasted my summer away. Oh the hours I got from this game... First week was a frenzy that made me skip days.

I'm just starting the absolute insanity that is Saints Row 4. They've taken something that was already turned up to 11, and somehow turned that up to 11. At this point it's pretty much a superhero game.

I've already heard about that, too. Pretty insane, if you ask me.

I am playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for review ... which means I am making great progress in Gothic II ... :)

My flying, ice-blast shooting Edward James Olmos in Blade Runner lookalike just went on a laser tank rampage to the tune of Toccata and Fugue in D minor. What else can I say?

My flying, ice-blast shooting Edward James Olmos in Blade Runner lookalike just went on a laser tank rampage to the tune of Toccata and Fugue in D minor. What else can I say?

...I need to buy this game immediately.

I'm playing Dead Rising 2 as it was free on Xbox live (I think it still might be). Not the best game I've ever played ( the whole thing with your daughter's a pain), but it's good silly fun. Although is isn't flying, ice-blast shooting Edward James Olmos in Blade Runner lookalike on a laser tank rampage fun.

I finally started Risen 2 for the first time. I just got it in the recent humble bundle and my plan was to just watch the intro and run around for a couple of minutes to get an idea of how it plays and leave it for some other time.

Instead I ended up spending more than two hours on quests and meticulous exploration! Now I'm sucked in… I think what makes Pirahna Bytes games so intriguing for me, is that they start off so simple yet they just throw me into an intimidating world making me feel like a complete noob as if I've never played a game like that before.

Finished Bioshock 2 and finished Brutal Legend (fun game but the Stage Battles are really badly implemented) and am now starting The Witcher 2.

Haven't had much time for gaming lately, but I recently finished Quake 1, and now I'm playing GTA: Vice City.

Vice City has not aged well at all. It's ugly as hell and the controls are pretty clunky. The music though… simply awesome.

JDR13 said:
Haven't had much time for gaming lately, but I recently finished Quake 1

I'm going through a few retro shooters as well, having finished Vietcong (played on easy, couldn't put up with limited quicksaves and degrading maximum health) and am now playing Soldier of Fortune (which is by Raven Software and is based on the Quake 2 engine). The game doesn't play nicely in Windows 7 (in my case doesn't install at all from the disk) but the so-called "Community Edition" of the game can be downloaded in full from the sof1 forum.

I never understood why someone would come up with a title like "Soldier Of Fortune".

"Gambler Of Fortune", yes, but soldier ? What has Fortune to do with being a soldier ? Is someone especially lucky because he or she is a soldier ?

Would it be the same if I said "Hitman Of Fortune" or "Assassin Of Fortune" ?

I never understood why someone would come up with a title like "Soldier Of Fortune".

"Gambler Of Fortune", yes, but soldier ? What has Fortune to do with being a soldier ? Is someone especially lucky because he or she is a soldier ?

Would it be the same if I said "Hitman Of Fortune" or "Assassin Of Fortune" ?

I think 'fortune' in this case refers to physical wealth (i.e. money), like mercenaries.

Yes, fortune = money.

I liked the first one well enough, got it with a video card. The second one is one of my favorite all time shooters, and I replay annually. Cheesy, crap balance, linear ... But I love it.

I liked the first one well enough, got it with a video card. The second one is one of my favorite all time shooters, and I replay annually. Cheesy, crap balance, linear … But I love it.

That is how I feel when I play a Raven game (Quake 4, Jedi Academy, Wolverine origins .. etc.).

txa1265 said:
I liked the first one well enough, got it with a video card. The second one is one of my favorite all time shooters, and I replay annually. Cheesy, crap balance, linear … But I love it.

You know you're in for a mindless cheesefest when your character is a special forces hardman with a moustache and a floppy hat.

I'm playing Arcanum, Black Mirror 1, and a new round of Dragon Age: Origins. I'm playing as mage this time around (in DA:O). And I'm surprised and delighted to find that me playing as a female mage this time, actually is echoed in the reaction by the npcs/people in the game towards me. And Sten's reaction to me beging a female - and a warrior is just - priceless.....

Back
Top Bottom